Legalised American Murder...

I have one query cos I don't understand and hope someone can explain it to me; Philando Castile was murdered following instructions from a cop in front of his girlfriend and child on FB Live and the traumatised girlfriend and daughter got $3m!

Why was the pay out so large for the unfortunate Shaver family...?

Because they are white?

It's what you are implying.

As horrific as this case is, do we have to have it on this forum? It's not nice to watch. Disturbing really. There are minors on here.

Just seeing the still frame of a guy on the floor with his hands in the air and knowing what happens to him is enough to make my blood boil. What a fucked up world we live in.

The world is not as fucked up as America. How that cop got away with it and the quotes from his department is unreal, hope and pray that couldn't happen over here. Wonderful any of his family fancy a trip abroad, maybe the Phillips new. He deserves anything that got coming to him.

I have one query cos I don't understand and hope someone can explain it to me; Philando Castile was murdered following instructions from a cop in front of his girlfriend and child on FB Live and the traumatised girlfriend and daughter got $3m!

Why was the pay out so large for the unfortunate Shaver family...?
In circumstances like this you throw the net as wide as possible and sue every party involved in the hope that at least one of them will be deemed culpable. That's why they've even gone after the hotel where it happened. The $75m figure is simply what the family are claiming as damages against all these parties; the final payout won't be anything like as high.

How was he meant to crawl with his legs crossed? Their instructions didnt make any sense at all.

Just the language they were using shows these trigger-happy cunts thought it was some sort of game they were playing. "Make a mistake and you may not live". It's like something out of a Saw movie, not the actions of a professional police force.

My thoughts exactly.
Why not simply tell him to face the other way with his hands above his head and then handcuff him to begin with.
He was hardly going to shoot down 3 officers now was he.
This is murder pure & simple

This is what happens when you just arm on masse your security forces with little or no psychiatric testing done on individuals to see if they are fit to carry weapons and use them responsibly if needed. As a poster said earlier, lots of ex servicemen, many with PTSD no doubt currently patrolling the streets of America and they are ticking time bombs.

That was just plain murder. How on earth did the cop get aquitted of that? Sickening
I was listening to a podcast the other day about this kind of incident. Apparently the only part of this kind of sequence that is 'relevent' is the moment that caused the police officer to fire. I've not seen the video but in this case would appear to be Shaver reaching for his waistband. Absolutely nothing else is considered 'relevent' but the one moment. So the question becomes - ignoring every single thing leading up to that moment is it 'reasonable' to assume a mean reaching for his waistband may have a weapon?

My own personal opinion is that most of these actions are created by fear. If you look at the death of Philando Castile for example the cops are still shouting at him as he's bleeding to death. This is a country terrified of each other. It must be extremely difficult being a police officer especially in a country where people are armed BUT they should be demanding better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.