Breaking records/stats thread

The earliest a team has won the PL is with 5 games to go. To equal that record (barring any re-scheduling) we’d need to win the league as a result of the game the weekend of 7th April, which is UNITED ! To beat the record we’d need to win the league the weekend before then entitling us to a guard of honor from United, we can only dream.

The earliest a team has won the PL is with 5 games to go. To equal that record (barring any re-scheduling) we’d need to win the league as a result of the game the weekend of 7th April, which is UNITED ! To beat the record we’d need to win the league the weekend before then entitling us to a guard of honor from United, we can only dream.

Yeah I saw that derby a few weeks ago when I was looking at possible winning dates.

It's likely that we have games rearranged if we beat Leicester in the League Cup next week though, and with a jammed schedule, that rearranged game might be after the April derby meaning we'd need to be even further ahead.

We’ve started our winning run (in all matches) again. Let’s hope we do better than last time.

Well we've come to the end of our run of consecutive games without a milk spillage.

You never take a win for granted, especially with a load of new managers giving teams boosts, and the Christmas schedule always throws up some shock results, but if you look at our next run of fixtures through to NYD -

Swansea (19th)
Spurs (6th)
Bournemouth (14th)
Newcastle (16th)
Crystal Palace (20th)
Watford (9th)

You'd not find many neutrals betting against us winning the lot of them if we can manage to beat Spurs next weekend.

No chance of winning them all as nice as that would be. I do think Spurs is the obvious danger, No Kompany or Stones for that one. And Leroy + Fernandinho still 1 yellow away from a suspension. Fernandinho could have done with getting booked yesterday tbh. I think Bournemouth after a Carling Cup midweek might be a potential for dropped points, and Palace away never easy during a busy period. 12 points should be the bare minimum though.

Compared to our nearest rivals United have:
Bournemouth
West Brom
Leicester away
Burnley
Southampton
Everton away
No chance of 6 straight wins and I very much doubt they'll be scoring highly there due to League Cup and FA Cup fixtures which affect them too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.