CL draw - Basel

Basel is a quality draw. Cannot complain.

Went to Basel a few years ago. Good tram network that my hotel gave me a free ticket for. Also did a pint in england before flight. A pint in switzerland at the hotel then crossed border into Germany for a pint and then on to France and another pint. 4 pints in 4 countries in one day. Why not. Totally pointless but there you go. Airport is technically in France I think.
Used to fly into basel every week for work. Airport was basel-mulhouse-freiburg for Swiss, France, Germany cities. Came through arrivals and was left side for France and right side for Swiss.

Chelsea have:

Barcelona (H)
United (A)
City (A)
Barcelona (A)

And Spurs have:

United (H)
Liverpool (A)
Arsenal (H)
Juventus (A)

Those fixture lists are going to kill them.
We aren’t too much better:

Basel
Arsenal
Basel
Chelsea

Hi guys,

Ive never posted here but have been reading for years. I live in Zürich, Switzerland and have been waiting to see City play for years (I watch almost every game on tv) but have never had the chance to go to Manchester. Basel is an hour away and I've been checking how to buy tickets. They all seem to be around 500 Euros, is that for real? How are you buying them, via the club's website?

Thanks for your help!

Those wont be official prices, and I would be wary of whether they are legitimate tickets.

I'm expecting tickets to be approximately €60, maybe a little more but hopefully not too much.

Unfortunately I don't think you'll have much hope of getting one in the city end as the demand will be high for this. There is plenty of notice and plenty of ways to get there, for a relatively short trip too.

I'd suggest trying to get one in the home end.

Chelsea have:

Barcelona (H)
United (A)
City (A)
Barcelona (A)

And Spurs have:

United (H)
Liverpool (A)
Arsenal (H)
Juventus (A)

Those fixture lists are going to kill them.

Surely, the fixture computer can come up with a better fixture list. I would be absolutely livid if we had such fixtures one after the other.

We aren’t too much better:

Basel
Arsenal
Basel
Chelsea

We're like this -

LEICESTER (H)
BASEL (A)
ARSENAL (A)
CHELSEA (H)
BASEL (H)
STOKE (A)

We have Leicester and Stoke as cushions. We can have players play 2 games in a week, Chelsea and Spurs will need to have their first XI play 3 times in the same week at least once.

Those wont be official prices, and I would be wary of whether they are legitimate tickets.

I'm expecting tickets to be approximately €60, maybe a little more but hopefully not too much.

Unfortunately I don't think you'll have much hope of getting one in the city end as the demand will be high for this. There is plenty of notice and plenty of ways to get there, for a relatively short trip too.

Ok thank you very much! Yeah, if I can't sit with you lot I'll go undercover and unsettle the Basel fans! I'm very confident we'll win this though, despite Basel proving difficult to break down at times. What a draw today!

I echo these sentiments. FCB won't release tickets to non club members until members have had a chance to purchase, which means the likelihood is quite slim. I tried this for the United vs Basel match and the cheapest tickets were over 200 CHF each and poorly located. Best chance is to go with the resale sites, anibis, facebook etc.

We're like this -

LEICESTER (H)
BASEL (A)
ARSENAL (A)
CHELSEA (H)
BASEL (H)
STOKE (A)

We have Leicester and Stoke as cushions. We can have players play 2 games in a week, Chelsea and Spurs will need to have their first XI play 3 times in the same week at least once.
Arsenal could be replaced with the league cup final

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.