Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

If the sums work, we should make a couple of big signings in January.

LB, CB and CM are all priorities before Sanchez.

We cannot rely on Delph to play every game for the rest of the season at LB with Mendy coming back at the end of April.
We can't rely on Otamendi, Stones and Mangala as CB options if we want to win the CL and League.
We can't rely on Yaya to deputise when Fern inevitably gets tired and needs resting.

With a bit of luck we might get 3 positions covered by 2 players, but I can't see us getting all of those, let alone all of them and Sanchez.

We only have a 20 man squad which is hopelessly short of having to compete for four trophies. If we have no intention of getting him until he's a freebie in the summer, what is the point of being in all these competitions?

For all our possession and goal attempt stats overwhelming all opposition, the conversion rate via goals is less than it should be. If nothing else, Sanchez will keep all our front runners on their toes.

The derby was another proof that the intensity of our game is in our front, not in our back departments.
We will be facing deep sitting opponents in the vast majority of our matches ahead.
Now being bookies' favourites for CL we might see that even in those CL games?

Given Dinho still seems to be topfit and ready for nearly any match,
Stones being nearly back and the Mangler doing well, and Komps and Tosin still there,
and also Delph being incredibly fit (would you believe!),
I would still vote for cover especially on our left wing in the first place. (And Sanchez offers more options...)
Sané is nearly done, it seems to me. Lost his fresh legs to take on his man a bit.

But, Sanchez won't be cheap in January. No way. Wenger does know our cards.
But still significantly below market value. I hope he joins.

I bet Sanchez looks at the league table then looks at who we're playing next in the champions league and feels like kicking the fuck out of Wenger.

We have hardly used Yaya and he has looked off the pace, when he's played. I wonder whether we will free a squad place by letting him go to NYC in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.