Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think he was injured before the game but gave it a go for 45 minutes. The prospect of mangala for a full 90 minutes made him make that decision.

The weather cant have helped him yesterday but got to say playing in this city defence must be hard.Having nothing to do and going from pass pass pass to then having to quickly sprint to close down the strikers must be hard for all of the defenders.from going to slow slow slow to then sprint will cause muscle injurys like the one stones picked up.just fear this could be the end of a true city legend.

Needs replacing in January if possible, we can't go every game wondering if he's going to make it through or as now wondering if he's fit for the next game, it was game over for him when he came on the went off injured against the dipping victims....

He is simply finished as a footballer. Has been for a long time. It's a real shame. But we need to replace both him and Mangala.

Just relegated himself to the “we need to rest players, so ___________ should get a game” category...and that’s AFTER he proves his fitness. No way Pep lets him near the field until he has proven himself for a couple of weeks on the training pitch.

I am not sure whether that means he tries to leave in January to protect his Belgium position for the World Cup or not, but if City can bring in replacements, I think they would let him go, with thanks for a good career and good luck for the summer. Maybe, it will be Kompany that leaves, not Mangala?!!!

Game over for him after pep's comment today.

1. If the club forced one of our biggest legends out in january, that would be incredibly disrespectful. It is not going to happen.

2. VK a finished footballer? Since these injury issues started, too many started to think we need to get rid of him. Well, if all of our CBs is of his quality then there is no crisis if he gets injured. Mangala is the problem as he simply isnt good enough. Replace him with a better CB in january and we are more than fine in the short term. Vinny HAS recently proved he can remain fit for a longer period, he was injury free from end of march to the beginning of september.

3. Will Pep get rid of VK because of his injuries? At Bayern, Robben, Ribery, Boateng and particulary Badstuber were all hampered with injuries. Did Pep get rid of them? No. Because if you have the quality to play in a Guardiola team you stay in the squad. Otamendi and Stones will remain our first choice CBs, and whoever replaces Mangala will likely be 3rd choice.

The way forward: Vinny has 18 months left of his contract, and the club wont get rid of him as they hold him in high regard. The likely scenario is that he retires when his contract is up, as i cant see it being renewed. So he will stay here for one more season and retire, as that is the proper thing to do as he is a legend at City.

Last edited:
Vinny is probably more upset by this setback than anyone else. He’s an utter professional, we shouldn’t be trying to shift him on, get him on the coaching or mentoring team. His leadership qualities and presence speak for themselves.

Vinny is probably more upset by this setback than anyone else. He’s an utter professional, we shouldn’t be trying to shift him on, get him on the coaching or mentoring team. His leadership qualities and presence speak for themselves.

I agree 100% with this. No way you try to move him. I mentioned this in another post, he's got the footballing brain but his body has betrayed him. I'd see if he is interested in a front office or coaching role. But at this point, his long-term health has got to be the most important factor. You don't want him crippled by 50 so he can eek out another dozen or so games

I dont mean to be rude but... I think its fucking disrespectful to want one of our biggest legends out in january. Since these injury issues started, too many started to think we need to get rid of him. Well, if all of our CBs is of his quality then there is no crisis if he gets injured. Mangala is the problem as he simply isnt good enough. Replace him with a better CB in january and we are more than fine in the short term. Vinny HAS recently proved he can remain fit for a longer period, he was injury free from end of march to the beginning of september.

I'm sorry but I'm not having this. Vinny has been hurt off and on for three years now, during which time the club has shown incredible patience and has literally sent him around the world to try anything possible to help him get healthy. Over the same period of time he hasn't shown the same standard of care towards his own body, has consistently exposed himself to unnecessary risks with Belgium, and got hurt in a meaningless friendly against Gibraltar. He absolutely has not proven he can stay healthy for a long period of time and again has put us in a difficult situation going into the winter period.

In our squad we cannot have passengers. He is, and will always be, a club legend but his foreign slot is valuable and we need to move him on for the good of the club.

I'm sorry but I'm not having this. Vinny has been hurt off and on for three years now, during which time the club has shown incredible patience and has literally sent him around the world to try anything possible to help him get healthy. Over the same period of time he hasn't shown the same standard of care towards his own body, has consistently exposed himself to unnecessary risks with Belgium, and got hurt in a meaningless friendly against Gibraltar. He absolutely has not proven he can stay healthy for a long period of time and again has put us in a difficult situation going into the winter period.

In our squad we cannot have passengers. He is, and will always be, a club legend but his foreign slot is valuable and we need to move him on for the good of the club.
we won't be moving him on as he has 18mths left on his contract,he will be left out of the cl team i would think and free up a space there, any other decisions will be made by him and the club together as it how it should be,this is vinny we are talking about here,he has led us to glory and will be treated with respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.