CL draw - Basel

Arsenal could be replaced with the league cup final

I have a feeling we'll not get past the semi-finals in that competition. Pep will continue putting out teams with 4 kids in and the reserves and just let them get as far as they do.

Should both ourselves and United progress to the Quarters (no guarantees), and draw each other, we could play each other 3 times in 6/8 days.

Obviously I enjoy positive results against 'them' but I don't enjoy the game or build up. I'm not sure how I would deal with the stress levels if it were prolonged for an entire week.

We're like this -

LEICESTER (H)
BASEL (A)
ARSENAL (A)
CHELSEA (H)
BASEL (H)
STOKE (A)

We have Leicester and Stoke as cushions. We can have players play 2 games in a week, Chelsea and Spurs will need to have their first XI play 3 times in the same week at least once.

Rotate for Leicester then try and win the tie in the away leg and get a strong team out for Arsenal and Chelsea then rotate for home leg and stoke.

We will drop points but the beauty is we now can where others cannot.

We have a tough set of games around Basel games. Fingers crossed we have all our big guns fit and firing. We have strength in depth and there’s no reason why we can’t win at their place.

We have a tough set of games around Basel games. Fingers crossed we have all our big guns fit and firing. We have strength in depth and there’s no reason why we can’t win at their place.

We are in a position where we can prioritise now

Would have preferred Sevilla or Porto but considering who we could've gotten I can't complain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.