Swansea (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has Huddersfield away written all over it for me. Swansea are great defensively, 7 clean sheets so far and only conceded 18 goals in 16 games. Their main problem is scoring though. No creativity in midfield, so they can only hurt us on a lucky set piece like Huddersfield did. I have watched them play 2 times this season, against Spurs away and United at home. Spurs away they parked the bus, defended well and got a 0-0 draw. Vs United they also parked the bus, but United scored in the first half, so they had to go for it in the 2nd half. That left a lot of space for United on the counter, ending in a 4-0 away win. I think this has been our main issue lately vs sides that park the bus. If we score the first goal in the 1st half, spaces will open up in 2nd half making it much easier for us.

Team selection: Vinny is out so Mangala will play. Looking at the West Ham game, Pep rested Fernandinho and played Sane eventhough they both were on 4 bookings. I think he will do the same again. With Fernandinho being a defensive player it makes sense, and we need Sane to provide the width on the left. Aguero is likely to come in for Jesus, and i think Delph will be rested as well. So:

Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Mangala, Danilo, Gundogan, KDB, Silva, Sterling, Aguero, Sane.

If we score the first goal in the 1st half: Swansea 0-4 City

I have a feeling Aguero will be back at his best.

I have taken the liberty of typing a template for the pre-match threads as I've started to notice a recurring theme.

This has *Banana Skin/Walk in the park* written all over it-

Pep *will have to/should avoid* rotate(ing) because we *don't want to underestimate/should be smashing teams like this*. Especially as it's only just after a derby and before a game with spurs. And we definitely *want/dont want* to *be too tired/get back to our free scoring ways* and what better way to do it than with a *romp/well ground out win* against *next team to be played*.

You just know *player with history or reason against us here* will score against us so we need at least two.

You're most welcome!

Last edited:
- - - - - - - - - - Ederson
Danilo - Otamendi - Mangala - Delph
- - - - - - - - - -Gundogan
- - - - - - De Bruyne - - D. Silva
Sterling - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Sane
- - - - - - - - - - - Aguero

The last few games have taken a toll on my health. A thorough thumping with the game won early for a change would be nice. 3-0 city win.

Me too , already been laughed at for suggesting it.

then again, Sane's goals and assists really dried in last few weeks, this game might be a good one for him to start deliver real things again. But three games in a week, not sure Pep will go with that for a guy who makes so many runs in the game.

- - - - - - - - - - Ederson
Danilo - Otamendi - Mangala - Delph
- - - - - - - - - -Gundogan
- - - - - - De Bruyne - - D. Silva
Bernardo - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Zinchenko/Diaz
- - - - - - - - - - - Aguero

Bravo, Walker, Fernandinho, Foden, Sané, Sterling, Jesus

No reason to play the lads who have 4 bookings already. Spurs game very important, but 3 pts is 3 pts! If we get up by 2 late, or 3 by 60 mins, Silva and KDB come off, Walker and Foden go on, Danilo plays DM/CB in a back 3, Walker and Delph play inverted and Gundogan pushes up alongside Foden.

These pre match threads may as well be renamed "potential banana skin thread"
I was just thinking the same! "Potential banana skin" seems to mean a game we're expected to win but one in which we could conceivably drop points, and since the alternative is a guaranteed win, every game we're expected to win is a "potential banana skin".

I have taken the liberty of typing a template for the pre-match threads as I've started to notice a reoccurring theme.

This has *Banana Skin/Walk in the park* written all over it-

Pep *will have to/should avoid* rotate(ing) because we *don't want to underestimate/should be smashing teams like this*. Especially as it's only just after a derby and before a game with spurs. And we definitely *want/dont want* to *be too tired/get back to our free scoring ways* and what better way to do it than with a *romp/well ground out win* against *next team to be played*.

You just know *player with history or reason against us here* will score against us so we need at least two.

You're most welcome!
That's brilliant!

............Milkspiller
Danilo...mangala...otamendy...delph
..................yaya
Bernardo...debruyne...silva...sterling
.....................aguero
Rotate few players is the key. Danilo, mangala, aguero and bernardo to play the game. If not against swansea than against who? Debruyne and silva had a week rest. Win by a 2 or 3 goal margin. It has been a while we scored 3 goals.

We should win the league by jan feb. That means a gap of 12 13 to the second team. If that is possible than we can concentrate on champions league. That way we can also win the champions league. Now i am starting to believe we can do the unthinkable. Winning 4 trophies in the same season. League cup, epl, champions league and fa cup. I am also thinking about winning the club world cup.
Lets dream guys.

This has Huddersfield away written all over it for me. Swansea are great defensively, 7 clean sheets so far and only conceded 18 goals in 16 games. Their main problem is scoring though. No creativity in midfield, so they can only hurt us on a lucky set piece like Huddersfield did. I have watched them play 2 times this season, against Spurs away and United at home. Spurs away they parked the bus, defended well and got a 0-0 draw. Vs United they also parked the bus, but United scored in the first half, so they had to go for it in the 2nd half. That left a lot of space for United on the counter, ending in a 4-0 away win. I think this has been our main issue lately vs sides that park the bus. If we score the first goal in the 1st half, spaces will open up in 2nd half making it much easier for us.

Team selection: Vinny is out so Mangala will play. Looking at the West Ham game, Pep rested Fernandinho and played Sane eventhough they both were on 4 bookings. I think he will do the same again. With Fernandinho being a defensive player it makes sense, and we need Sane to provide the width on the left. Aguero is likely to come in for Jesus, and i think Delph will be rested as well. So:

Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Mangala, Danilo, Gundogan, KDB, Silva, Sterling, Aguero, Sane.

If we score the first goal in the 1st half: Swansea 0-4 City

I have a feeling Aguero will be back at his best.

We introduced Sergio to the premiership against Swansea albeit at home.

Happy for a repeat performance even though he came off the bench at COMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.