Next 3 League Games - Expectations? | The Last 3 Games (Page 51)

Status
Not open for further replies.
13th Dec - Swansea (A).
16th Dec - Spurs (H).
23rd Dec - Bournemouth (H).
27th Dec - Newcastle (A).
31st Dec - Crystal Palace (A).
2nd Jan - Watford (H).
Think we'll win the lot

I dont think the thread title is a question any more. We now expect to win every game. It can be anything even barcelona or real madrid or even psg.

Spurs is a potential banana skin. I expected a win last season after our performance against them two seasons back. But Spurs have the tendency to up their tempo against us and match our intensity.

They're the ones most likely to set up against us differently and have a measure of how to attack the space we have from our high press. I expect them to run more to press our players and they might just have the players to limit our passing options. Regardless of their poor run of form at the moment which should benefit us, we don't want a Spurs resurgence on the day we face them.

Hopefully Pep would have a few tactical responses to what I regard as our biggest league test footballing wise.

Spurs is a potential banana skin. I expected a win last season after our performance against them two seasons back. But Spurs have the tendency to up their tempo against us and match our intensity.

They're the ones most likely to set up against us differently and have a measure of how to attack the space we have from our high press. I expect them to run more to press our players and they might just have the players to limit our passing options. Regardless of their poor run of form at the moment which should benefit us, we don't want a Spurs resurgence on the day we face them.

Hopefully Pep would have a few tactical responses to what I regard as our biggest league test footballing wise.

Spurs were one of the teams that destroyed our early momentum last 2 seasons. We need to avoid it happening for a 3rd time.

We're going to have to find our shooting boots, the finishing is way off and we're making these games a lot closer than we should do. Get that right and we can win the lot but if not then both tomorrow and the Spurs games will be tricky

The good thing about the Spurs game is that they will be without D.Sanchez and Alderweireld. Two of their first choice CBs. Vertonghen is also on 4 yellows meaning a yellow against Brighton makes him miss our match. Surely their players will know this and will target him for this sole reason.

After what happened last season. Our away loss that destabilized us and home 2-2 draw that was completely undeserved, we should be extra motivated to win. Not to mention the other comments from Poch about Pep and our club.

It is a match I’m desperately hoping we win as I don’t like Poch especially.

The good thing about the Spurs game is that they will be without D.Sanchez and Alderweireld. Two of their first choice CBs. Vertonghen is also on 4 yellows meaning a yellow against Brighton makes him miss our match.
What a result that would be

The good thing about the Spurs game is that they will be without D.Sanchez and Alderweireld. Two of their first choice CBs. Vertonghen is also on 4 yellows meaning a yellow against Brighton makes him miss our match. Surely their players will know this and will target him for this sole reason.

After what happened last season. Our away loss that destabilized us and home 2-2 draw that was completely undeserved, we should be extra motivated to win. Not to mention the other comments from Poch about Pep and our club.

It is a match I’m desperately hoping we win as I don’t like Poch especially.

Evens out Mangala v Kane, possibly.

The cliché of taking each game as it comes is spot on here. We have another bus to catch before we play Spurs & it's just as big a game. Neither team will be finishing above us, both purely represent points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.