United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaahave.png

Then its Giggsy's until the end of the season?
Surely they are not that crazy?

I'd imagined me it'll be Pochatiny because it'll be claimed that he's a great coach at a club that isn't big enough for him (financially). And they may be right....but they might be wrong. :-)

I actually think United are overachieving. Mourinho's teams of past have traditionally had exceptional starting elevens. Like Pep, he's at his best with elite players and getting them that winning mentality.

I mean, if you consider his two stints at Chelsea, and his stints at Inter and Real Madrid you see just how good his players were.

This is the starting eleven of the weakest (of the four) title winning sides, Chelsea 14/15:

Courtois; Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas, Oscar; Hazard, Willian, Costa.

Given I've just called this his weakest previous side, you can see just how far behind United are. How many of this United team would get into this one? De Gea, Pogba and Matic (technically anyway).

The fact is, his players are nowhere near good enough. Excluding Bailly all his defenders are extremely limited. Martial and Rashford are promising but nothing more yet. The rest (e.g. Lingard) would have already been sold. In fact remember he sold two of his current United players whilst at Chelsea, Mata and Lukaku.

The only way this United side are going to seriously be a threat in the future is if they make a load of high quality signings, not just decent squad players. Fortunately for us, I find that they have a habit of signing just as many duds as they sign talents, so it'll take probably at least two summers for them to get to the necessary level. And Mourinho will almost certainly be gone by then, probably leaving the club in a mess in the process.

I agree with this.

Rags are overachieving and have been helped by an extremely easy start to the PL campaign which let them build some kind of momentum.

They also had one of the easiest groups in CL history where the Pot 1 team finished on ZERO points. Don’t think something like that has ever happened before. Benfica are the only club to finish with zero points in the CL group stage this season. Even APOEL, Quarabag, and Olympiacos managed to get 1-2 points in groups that were much harder and contained elite European clubs.

Rags have an average squad. Despite spending millions the past few years, their keeper De Gea is still their best and most important player. They spent a combined £180m on Lukaku and Pogba both flops at these prices. Two players that looks good against the “smaller” clubs and then dissappear in every big game. These two purchases have set them back years. Both have talent but don’t possess the mentality and intelligence to ever become world class. I believe PEG had much less say in the transfer targets than we are led to believe, they just a terribly run club.

PEG living in a hotel says it all. Surely he would buy an apartment or house with all the money he has but as hard as it is to believe he is not stupid. He sees the quality of the players and knows he won’t last long. PEG is a great actor and knows he can’t compete with us. Making top 4 would be an achievement with that squad.

Rags are a sinking ship. The next manager there will again have to rebuild and will have a squad of basketball players. Their problems run much deeper than signing one or two players. Signing Griezmann for example won’t help much. We saw in the derby how many times we opened them up, a little more clincial finishing from us and it would of been a blow out.

Their fall from grace has been wonderful to watch. Don’t see them being anything close to title challengers in the next 3 years at least and that’s only IF they start buying the right players and rebuilding with quality players they need and not just Star names which I personally think is unlikely.

Manchester is blue and will be in the foreseeable future.

I agree with this.

Rags are overachieving and have been helped by an extremely easy start to the PL campaign which let them build some kind of momentum.

They also had one of the easiest groups in CL history where the Pot 1 team finished on ZERO points. Don’t think something like that has ever happened before. Benfica are the only club to finish with zero points in the CL group stage this season. Even APOEL, Quarabag, and Olympiacos managed to get 1-2 points in groups that were much harder and contained elite European clubs.

Rags have an average squad. Despite spending millions the past few years, their keeper De Gea is still their best and most important player. They spent a combined £180m on Lukaku and Pogba both flops at these prices. Two players that looks good against the “smaller” clubs and then dissappear in every big game. These two purchases have set them back years. Both have talent but don’t possess the mentality and intelligence to ever become world class. I believe PEG had much less say in the transfer targets than we are led to believe, they just a terribly run club.

PEG living in a hotel says it all. Surely he would buy an apartment or house with all the money he has but as hard as it is to believe he is not stupid. He sees the quality of the players and knows he won’t last long. PEG is a great actor and knows he can’t compete with us. Making top 4 would be an achievement with that squad.

Rags are a sinking ship. The next manager there will again have to rebuild and will have a squad of basketball players. Their problems run much deeper than signing one or two players. Signing Griezmann for example won’t help much. We saw in the derby how many times we opened them up, a little more clincial finishing from us and it would of been a blow out.

Their fall from grace has been wonderful to watch. Don’t see them being anything close to title challengers in the next 3 years at least and that’s only IF they start buying the right players and rebuilding with quality players they need and not just Star names which I personally think is unlikely.

I was thinking of doing a banner if we win it this season....2013 the last one,think it would be a great piss take as we would have won 2 since.

I was thinking of doing a banner if we win it this season....2013 the last one,think it would be a great piss take as we would have won 2 since.

Hahaha usually don’t like stooping down to their level but that would be funny.

Yep, no idea what they put out over the PA, unlike after the 5-0 defeat there in 94/95 when the ****s showed their "respect" by playing D:Ream's "Things can only get better..."
That wasn't the only time they did that in the early 90's . They did it a couple of years earlier and the home fans that remained in the ground gustily joined in. They thought it was never going to end.

I agree with this.

Agree with everything you say. The fact that maureen is still living in a hotel speaks volumes to me that he aint in this for the long haul at united, surely he would have like you say a settled place to reside and chill out, not a hotel room. Leads me to think he was only going to stay on his 3 year contract at the most or leave hen another club came for him.

In terms of their team they are a bunch of mis-fits and have been made to look like challengers because of the teams they played at the start of the season. I get that united supporters see pogba as their best player, but I had this ebate during the game on sunday with my family members who are united. They class him as unbelievable, but when i said hold on a minute, actually watch him without the ball and he doesnt have a clue what the hell he is doing running round like a lost gazelle. On the ball he looks good because he stands out from what else you have on the pitch......lets just say they didnt even offer a response. Look at the reports from the Di Maria saga and if what was reported is true about he was brought in to sell shirts, then that is a very damaging statement. The new rumours of united now looking to get Ozil, oh please let that happen because will just be another backward step.

They have a long way to go to get anywhere near the level that we are currently at - lets not forget that our team is very young in terms of age, and even by Pep’s own admission this team will not be what he considers ready until the 3rd year of him being in charge. United are constantly now playing catch-up and they are so far behind from the ground up that it would take something of a miracle to become even on level terms.

Regardless of the scoreline on Sunday (because had we been more ruthless) it would have ended up nearer to a 4-1 win, the gulf in class was there for all to see and this was a team without aguero, mendy, stones available.....unthinkable a few years back that we could go into such a game without all key players available.

What I now look forward to is the return fixture at home, hopefully they will have pogba available, and then we can look to blow the thought process of their supporters out the water, that with him in their side they would win - behave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.