January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying a left back is a bigger priority than CB for me. If Delph gets injured we have Danilo and Walker as our only FB options for 4 competitions (if we beat Leicester). Buying a left back would mean we could rotate Walker a lot more with Danilo, and Delph can cover for Fernandinho as Yaya isnt good enough unfortunatley.

January for me: Van Dijk, Bertrand. Sanchez on a free in the summer.

I disagree. As long as Mendy regains fitness, I think getting a young pivot(Weigl?) to eventually replace Fernandinho should be the priority, then a center back, and then a left back. I can't see too many minutes left for a third LB behind Mendy and Delph.

I disagree. As long as Mendy regains fitness, I think getting a young pivot(Weigl?) to eventually replace Fernandinho should be the priority, then a center back, and then a left back. I can't see too many minutes left for a third LB behind Mendy and Delph.

It would be crazy not to buy a Lb in january. Mendy doesent return until late april, and there it could be about 40 games between now until then. We need another left back so we can rotate both fullbacks. A DM can wait until the summer, as the players City are likely to target in that position is cup tied for CL. Van Dijk and Bertrand are not. Delph then can both cover at left back and for Fernandinho until the end of the season.

There isn't a right answer we need cover for 3 positions ,cb, lb, cm and probably Sanchez as well. We won't get all 4 in January so it will only be with hindsight we will know who should be a January priority it's impossible to see into the future and see where the injuries / loss of form and suspensions will come.

There isn't a right answer we need cover for 3 positions ,cb, lb, cm and probably Sanchez as well. We won't get all 4 in January so it will only be with hindsight we will know who should be a January priority it's impossible to see into the future and see where the injuries / loss of form and suspensions will come.

Our depth in attack is a lot better than in defense. We have Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Bernardo for the front 3 positions. We could also play Diaz in some games. In defense though, Pep hasnt the opportunity to rest both fullbacks. It is so obvious to me. If we sign Van Dijk and Bertrand we solve the biggest issues in the squad. Delph then rotates either with Bertrand or Fernandinho until the end of the season. Easier said than done of course, but it should be our biggest priority to sign a top CB and a solid LB in january.

my ideal signing for incoming transfer window - Van Dijk, Bertrand and Sanchez.
if Pep can sign them all, we will win both the league and UCL.
the problem is, there's only one more slot left for non homegrown.
Which is why IMO Van Dijk wont be signed, Stones will be back and Mangala can act as back up. IMO Sanchez is nailed on and I dont think we will bother with a left back but leave Delph there.

Our depth in attack is a lot better than in defense. We have Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Bernardo for the front 3 positions. We could also play Diaz in some games. In defense though, Pep hasnt the opportunity to rest both fullbacks. It is so obvious to me. If we sign Van Dijk and Bertrand we solve the biggest issues in the squad. Delph then rotates either with Bertrand or Fernandinho until the end of the season. Easier said than done of course, but it should be our biggest priority to sign a top CB and a solid LB in january.
I don't think Bernardo is an attacking player he is cover for Silva. We have 2 wide forwards Sterling and Sane plus maybe Brahim not only can't Sterling and Sane play every week an injury to one leaves us short in, for us the most important part of our play Sanchez is just as crucial as the cover for Fernandinho.
What we don't know is what signings are planned for the summer, we won't buy a stop gap for any position if the player we really want isn't available until summer that's how teams end up with unbalanced squads.

Which is why IMO Van Dijk wont be signed, Stones will be back and Mangala can act as back up. IMO Sanchez is nailed on and I dont think we will bother with a left back but leave Delph there.
I'm of the same opinion, but Sanchez+LB combination would be fine as well. Mangala can be replaced in summer.

It would be crazy not to buy a Lb in january. Mendy doesent return until late april, and there it could be about 40 games between now until then. We need another left back so we can rotate both fullbacks. A DM can wait until the summer, as the players City are likely to target in that position is cup tied for CL. Van Dijk and Bertrand are not. Delph then can both cover at left back and for Fernandinho until the end of the season.

I understand the concern. I do believe however that we have enough LB cover in Danilo, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Mangala, Foden and worst case scenario, we recall Angelino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.