United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point, BJL. Ferguson was a nasty operator. But I meant as a person. It's probably because I am fed up with JM's posturing and muttering. He is in decline, whereas SAF was always a shithouse.

What they need is an owner who can bankroll them to the extent that they can afford to stay out of the top four for half a decade (or more) and rebuild the club from top to bottom. Someone who can invest their own money in a plan to put the club back at the top of the English game without having their satisfy greedy shareholders or eye-watering interest commitments. Like an indulgent father figure. Sounds too good to be true tbh.

Yep that is what they need, but funnily enough they wont go down that route at all. They have to be seen around the world to the media and their 650m fanbase that they are up there with the best. That means occassionally buying a player for big money.

They have been bankrolled since god knows when, they just thought they would remain on top regardless. Their academy is lagging. Their stadium looks great from the blimp, but when you actually see it up close it is falling apart and outdated. Their first team is woeful. Their football is ancient and outdated.

Basically their fucked and I am laughing and enjoying it all : )

I don't think it's that unusual he's in a hotel, it's not like it'll be a standard room after all; it will be to all intents and purposes an apartment. Eriksson did the same at the Radisson Edwardian.

For Mourinho's family, didn't they stay in London because his children were at school and he didn't want to cause disruption? It's a pretty good reason in itself. Quite a few managers keep a family base and commute/stay over for work.

Still find it a bit Alan Partridge..

No matter how nice it is, it's still a hotel. It won't have vast suites, it'll be a relatively small space he's in. Cooped up, for well over a year now.

Surely renting a city centre apartment, a house in Cheshire or anything else is a better option? Somewhere you can have your own personal space.

Just find it all a bit bizarre... And not good for your health... which is becoming evident...

Fair point, BJL. Ferguson was a nasty operator. But I meant as a person. It's probably because I am fed up with JM's posturing and muttering. He is in decline, whereas SAF was always a shithouse.

I tend to find the success of such a character defines how much I dislike them. If they achieve sod all they're much easier to ignore and be amused at.

Agree with everything you say. The fact that maureen is still living in a hotel speaks volumes to me that he aint in this for the long haul at united, surely he would have like you say a settled place to reside and chill out, not a hotel room. Leads me to think he was only going to stay on his 3 year contract at the most or leave hen another club came for him.

In terms of their team they are a bunch of mis-fits and have been made to look like challengers because of the teams they played at the start of the season. I get that united supporters see pogba as their best player, but I had this ebate during the game on sunday with my family members who are united. They class him as unbelievable, but when i said hold on a minute, actually watch him without the ball and he doesnt have a clue what the hell he is doing running round like a lost gazelle. On the ball he looks good because he stands out from what else you have on the pitch......lets just say they didnt even offer a response. Look at the reports from the Di Maria saga and if what was reported is true about he was brought in to sell shirts, then that is a very damaging statement. The new rumours of united now looking to get Ozil, oh please let that happen because will just be another backward step.

They have a long way to go to get anywhere near the level that we are currently at - lets not forget that our team is very young in terms of age, and even by Pep’s own admission this team will not be what he considers ready until the 3rd year of him being in charge. United are constantly now playing catch-up and they are so far behind from the ground up that it would take something of a miracle to become even on level terms.

Regardless of the scoreline on Sunday (because had we been more ruthless) it would have ended up nearer to a 4-1 win, the gulf in class was there for all to see and this was a team without aguero, mendy, stones available.....unthinkable a few years back that we could go into such a game without all key players available.

What I now look forward to is the return fixture at home, hopefully they will have pogba available, and then we can look to blow the thought process of their supporters out the water, that with him in their side they would win - behave

On Pogba, exactly. Looks great with the ball but lazy without it. I admit I bought into the hype and saw him play once or twice and a few YouTube videos, so wanted him here. Then I saw pretty much every France game at the Euros and was wondering what the hype was about. He showed absolutely nothing, was even benched and also gave away a penalty in one match. Struggled to show he was worth £30m let alone £90m+.

Souness recently made similar comments on Pogba and is 100% right. Don’t understand why their fans are crying about Pogba being out. They would of been worse off had he played because off the ball he is much worse than Matic and Hererra and it’s a fact that we had the ball the majority of the match. Simple logic really. Yes Pogba might have been more accurate with long balls to Lukaku and big nose but that advantage would be lost with his lazyness when defending. Foden got the better of him in pre season FFS.

Also couldn’t believe the fee paid for Lukaku. I made a post a while back when he was still at Everton detailing his goals and how is a stat padder that rarely scores decisive goals, i.e. the first goal to go up or the match winner and how often he goes missing in big games. Said he would never be world class and some posters were convinced he will be. He is struggling right now with the pressure and it obvious. Kicking out twice (happy to see him escape the ban), getting involved in the tunnel bust up after the derby. He is losing his head. Missed a clear chance against us and assisted both of our goals. He is getting worse and worse. Shocking considering he is one of the most expensive strikers in the history of football.

Couldn’t believe what I was reading in regards to Di Maria when the news broke. They are a joke. Really hope they get Ozil. As you said would be another backwards step. He is yet another player that disappears in the big games and is lazy without the ball but at least he is a big name and will sell shirts!

Just had another look at their squad and they really do have some rebuilding to do. Hopefully De Gea finally decides to leave and move on to better things. Just read Romero wants to leave in January to get more playing time before the WC. Shaw also wants to leave I believe. Understandable as he barely plays and often gets criticized. Looks like Fellaini might go on a free, this was a bit of a surprise but then again it will likely be he last contract and probably wants to make the most of it.

Valencia and Young are both 32 years old. Mkhitaryan can’t get a game and looks to be frozen out. Mata is in and out the team and is 29. Hererra is 28. Big nose is 36. Darmian is struggling for game time and there were rumors he wants to leave too. Martial and Rashford are two young players that have a lot of potential and I feel their talents are being wasted with the rags. If they miss out on top 4, I think they could potentially ask for moves as well. Some players won’t mind parking the bus if it means winning trophies but when you don’t win anything it’s hard to justify it. Will winning the FA cup or league cup be enough to keep them happy?

Another point is which manager would even want to take the job after PEG? The rebuilding job will take a while and they will be expected to win things while rebuilding with an average squad. Can’t see any top manager wanting the job if I’m honest.

Much as I disliked Ferguson, I am beginning to find Mourinho even more despicable. There is something repellent about him. Years ago he was noted (by the media anyway) as cool, ironic, dressed in cool gear, given to uttering gnomic statements.
Now he is a haunted-looking, self-pitying wreck.
Am I alone in (in spite of myself) preferring SAF, if I had to choose the lesser of two weevils?
Well, it's a choice between Gonorrhoea or Syphilis, basically.

Another point is which manager would even want to take the job after PEG? The rebuilding job will take a while and they will be expected to win things while rebuilding with an average squad. Can’t see any top manager wanting the job if I’m honest.
I think they'll also struggle to attract the calibre of player they actually need after performances like that one on Sunday. They keep talking about Griezman, but he won't be short of offers from teams that are a much more attractive proposition football wise. It must be soul destroying playing that kind of shit week in week out.

Like an indulgent father figure.

th

I think they'll also struggle to attract the calibre of player they actually need after performances like that one on Sunday. They keep talking about Griezman, but he won't be short of offers from teams that are a much more attractive proposition football wise. It must be soul destroying playing that kind of shit week in week out.

That’s true but rags will pay him millions more than any other club which will help convince some of these players to join. I’m happy to say that the only way top players are willing to join the rags these days is solely for the money. They don’t join to partake in bus parking that’s for sure and PEG is not a manager that improves his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.