Swansea (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season this fixture had one of my favourite Aguero goals of recent years.

The first touch to get away from 2 defenders is just brilliant and then the finish through the keepers legs at the near post.

nothing said about anyone else

Think the press conference shows the ignorance of the British press. One very short question about Vinny, nothing else at all asked about the forthcoming game as they were all so busy trying to stoke up the post-Rags drama. Only the question in Spanish seemed to show any interest in footballing matters...

I am sorry to disagree with you chesterbells, but any game against a top 6 team for me is a 6 pointer. The sooner we can eliminate a team from the top 6 teams catching us up on points the better. Lets take 1 game at a time starting with Swansea tomorrow night. Let's go and win that 1. let us also hope that 1 or more of the top 5 will be dropping points as well.

Think the press conference shows the ignorance of the British press. One very short question about Vinny, nothing else at all asked about the forthcoming game as they were all so busy trying to stoke up the post-Rags drama. Only the question in Spanish seemed to show any interest in footballing matters...
They are the same every week,pep has tried his best to educate the fuckers about football but from the start the have shown no interest in it

As for the game,i look foward to every one now,nervous get me during but not before anymore
So long as we focus fully and put the effort in we should win,it might be a grinding it out till the last minute job again though i feel

Who was the fuckwit who asked if it bothers Pep that no-one is talking about the football or the result and everyone is concentrating on the post match bust up? Some rag twat no doubt, pitifully trying to deflect attention away from his side's dire performance. I've never heard such a stupid question at any press interview.

The entire world is talking about how our beautiful, attacking football is making us one of the best teams in the world and how the game showed the huge gulf in ability between us and Manchester United. Even United fans are openly admitting it.

This milk gate bollocks is an absolute irrelevance.

They are the same every week,pep has tried his best to educate the fuckers about football but from the start the have shown no interest in it

As for the game,i look foward to every one now,nervous get me during but not before anymore
So long as we focus fully and put the effort in we should win,it might be a grinding it out till the last minute job again though i feel

Most news journalists are sycophants the questions they ask are almost staged so the manager can say his prepared statement. The tv post match interviewers are pretty much the same and work to the same script every week, 'what did you think of the penalty incident?' 'was that the key moment of the match'? Jeez no wonder most managers look so bored with it, get some interesting deep reaching questions, ask a question where you don't already know the flaming answer

I am sorry to disagree with you chesterbells, but any game against a top 6 team for me is a 6 pointer. The sooner we can eliminate a team from the top 6 teams catching us up on points the better. Lets take 1 game at a time starting with Swansea tomorrow night. Let's go and win that 1. let us also hope that 1 or more of the top 5 will be dropping points as well.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here. Your first two sentences imply we should prioritise the Spurs game (which I disagree with, more in a minute) and then you say let's take 1 game at a time, which implies prioritise the next game. So which is it?

FWIW, I don't think we should have anything on our minds other than Swansea. For two reasons, 1. we need to keep the momentum and hammer home the advantage gained on Saturday. Were we to drop points at Swansea and the rags were to win, it would give them renewed hope and we must not allow that to happen. We need to keep them crushed.

2. Spurs are 18 points behind us and not our competitors in any shape or form. Win lose or draw against them makes ZERO difference to whether we will finish above them or not. They are not catching us, whatever happens. No way.

So the 3 points at Swansea are just as valuable as those at Spurs, and in fact more so, because gaining them gives us confidence going into the Spurs game. And nails home the advantage on United. Swansea is a must win game.

EDIT: Oh, and 3. We can afford to drop points in 5 or 6 games this season and still win the league comfortably. We might well drop points against Spurs, home and/or away. This is OK, not a problem. We don't want to be dropping points against teams like Swansea as well, or we could get into squeaky bum time at the end. Take the 3 points in the "easier" games and the league is as good as won.

Last edited:

Yeah, I reckon so. We will be disjointed as we'll make a few changes. Bony will of course score. Then we'll win 2-1 again. Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.