Centre back options

I will be utterly astonished if put upwards of £70m on the table for Van Dijk and simply blow our record fee paid for a player on him.

I think someone like Iñigo Martinez with a buyout of around £30m is more likely.

I still think we will put a decent fee on the table for Sanchez.

We only have the money we were going to spend on Evans and Sanchez in the summer right?

How much was that 80m?

Reliable Spanish radio station COPE reported week or so ago that City will trigger Inigo Martinez's release clause, which is €30m I think. We won't be getting a marquee CB in January anyway.

We also need a LB as well on top. Can't imagine our budget is too large after summer spending.

Reliable Spanish radio station COPE reported week or so ago that City will trigger Inigo Martinez's release clause, which is €30m I think. We won't be getting a marquee CB in January anyway.

We also need a LB as well on top. Can't imagine our budget is too large after summer spending.

Martinez will be a bad signing, watched him, he is no where near good enough.

Does anyone else rate Koscielny? How about another raid on our north London feeder club?

Or does everyone else think he's shit? I rate him, but then I rate Jerome Boateng above van Dijk so maybe I don't see what everyone else does in central defenders!

Having said that, I think Stones and Ota are class, would hate to see either dropped for a shiny new signing.

I will be utterly astonished if put upwards of £70m on the table for Van Dijk and simply blow our record fee paid for a player on him.

I think someone like Iñigo Martinez with a buyout of around £30m is more likely.

I still think we will put a decent fee on the table for Sanchez.
100% agree. Replace Mangala with a stop-gap solution like Martinez in Jan, later focus on replacing Komps with a worldclass prospect (De Ligt, Skriniar etc.). I don't understand VVD hype at all, don't think he's worth the sums quoted.
Does anyone else rate Koscielny? How about another raid on our north London feeder club?
One of the best CBs in the league in my opinion. Can't see Arsenal selling him though.

Or does everyone else think he's shit? I rate him, but then I rate Jerome Boateng above van Dijk so maybe I don't see what everyone else does in central defenders!

Having said that, I think Stones and Ota are class, would hate to see either dropped for a shiny new signing.

Kos is 32 and loyal to Arsenal, he's not coming here

Is it wise to rush out and buy a defender in january when managala seems to be doing a decent job and we don’t have any guarantees that whoever we buy will settle or be an improvement on mangala

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.