Swansea (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon Swansea might surprise us tonight - after all they'll be able to get away with anything in order to cheer up the global football community that continues to mourn after Sunday.

On second thoughts, come on you boys in blue, another Pep master-class would be fantastic. CTID.

You would hope that Fernandinho is savvy enough not to make any desperate challenges tonight that could lead to a yellow. If we’re winning at half time take him off and put Gundogan on.

I don’t get why Yaya is on the bench when Brahim was so impressive against Shakhtar. It must send out a very confusing message to Brahim and Foden

To be fair, Foden and Diaz are both kids who have accomplished nothing. Yaya has been playing for top teams since they were in diapers. He has won the Champions League, Prem, Spanish League, FA Cup, Copa Del Rey...etc.

He may be past his best and personally I think he's off soon, but if those two are "confused" and think they deserved a spot in the squad over him because they flashed in a meaningless CL game, they need a kick in the ass.

I wouldn’t worry about Fernandinho getting booked. I imagine Pep has made it pretty clear that we’re more than capable of beating Swansea without silly fouls that risk a yellow.
I doubt Swansea will see much of the ball and if we take our chances early doors I expect to see him brought off along with De Bruyne and Silva.
I fancy us for a 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.