Swansea (A) Post Match Thread

When Fernandinho came off he wasn’t even sweating or out of breath. He looked like he’d just stepped off the team bus.
I thought the Swansea players looked dead on their feet, they just did not want to play. At 2 and 3 nil down their keeper took ages to restart from goal kicks, like they were 1nill up.
I remember around half way through the second half we broke from their corner kick, and nearly put another one away, the Swansea players were absolutely knackered, hands on hips, bent over, squatting well and truly done in.

I do think toward the our bots looked a bit tired, but hey, three days until we play Spurs... plenty of time to recover.

Everton was my only game of the season so far, I'm warning you now I will be flying over for the Leicester game in Feb.

Only game my lads been to this season was Everton, he's made me pass his season ticket on to my mates lads as he doesn't want to jinx it, won't even go this Saturday though he's desperate to watch, puts the cause first!! Haha.

I thought the Swansea players looked dead on their feet, they just did not want to play. At 2 and 3 nil down their keeper took ages to restart from goal kicks, like they were 1nill up.
I remember around half way through the second half we broke from their corner kick, and nearly put another one away, the Swansea players were absolutely knackered, hands on hips, bent over, squatting well and truly done in.

I do think toward the our bots looked a bit tired, but hey, three days until we play Spurs... plenty of time to recover.

Yeah, started to sag a bit.

The game yesterday had all the hallmarks of a banana skin. Top against bottom away from home, days after a win against the Rags whilst establishing a new record for consecutive wins. Throw in the Wilf factor.
This is not typical city though. They were immense. Cant wait for Saturday to see them put that fat winging hamster in his place.

The Swansea team made a real push to close us down for 10 minutes at the beginning of the second half. It was obvious they wouldn't keep it up and slowly slipped back. During this time we could, and possible should, have scored two more. It must be so hard chasing the ball and then realising it isn't helping.

The Swansea team made a real push to close us down for 10 minutes at the beginning of the second half. It was obvious they wouldn't keep it up and slowly slipped back. During this time we could, and possible should, have scored two more. It must be so hard chasing the ball and then realising it isn't helping.
I agree - it made it worse! As the tempo increased, we looked more and more dangerous.

Seems the best tactic teams should adopt is to sit back, defend for your lives and accept a 2-1 defeat as being a decent result!

I agree - it made it worse! As the tempo increased, we looked more and more dangerous.

Seems the best tactic teams should adopt is to sit back, defend for your lives and accept a 2-1 defeat as being a decent result!

Quite right!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.