Has everyone given up now?

Newcastle were 12 points clear of the Rags in January 1997
The Rags were 12 points clear of Arsenal in February 1998
The Rags were 8 points clear of us in April 2012

None of those teams went on to win the league.

It's only mid-December right now. Anything could happen.

Silva could get a 12 game ban for elbowing that twat Alli on Saturday and de Bruyne might get a three month injury lay-out and a huge dip in form could ensue... We could also see all the other teams go on poor runs, Burnley finish third, and we win the league by 20 points.

Just enjoy the ride. Pep isn't going to be here that long so just enjoy every game as it comes at the moment and worry about the shit if it even happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newcastle were 12 points clear of the Rags in January 1997
The Rags were 12 points clear of Arsenal in February 1998
The Rags were 8 points clear of us in April 2012

None of those teams went on to win the league.

It's only mid-December right now. Anything could happen.

Silva could get a 12 game ban for elbowing that twat Alli on Saturday and de Bruyne might get a three month injury lay-out and a huge dip in form could ensue... We could also see all the other teams go on poor runs, Burnley finish third, and we win the league by 20 points.

Just enjoy the ride. Pep isn't going to be here that long so just enjoy every game as it comes at the moment and worry about the shit if it even happens.

Of interest how many games had been played for that lead? Think also Newcastle did have a 11 points clear but rags had a game in hand.

Still a ridiculous number of points to play for and a bad fortnight could blow it all open. I don't think any of the chasing pack should give up but I don't think anyone believes we'll let it slip. You do get the sense that there is no sense of complacency whatsoever in the squad and as each week goes by, they approach the game with the same level of professionalism. The closer they get the more driven they'll become.

I think we're getting to the stage soon where the weaker teams will start to view putting in so much effort to try to stop City as pretty wasted. Especially where the chances are they'll get nothing anyway and start to use their energy for more realistic wins, particularly as the season progresses and squads aren't so fresh.

No too early, there is always bad weather in January and Febraury. We still haven't had our blip. We will have to start resting players to concentrate on the Champions League because thats what our owners insist on us winning and Alyson Rudd says we wont.

We have to be cautious,that is in our dna,but seriously trying to compare to teams in the past who blew it,aka Newcastle that season for instance,you simply can't.

We are out footballing teams every match,had a little blip but still won the games,this side will take some beating,and I don't see many,if any,in our league that are capable of doing it,but for us to lose 4 matches,and others to keep winning,well I'll let you make your own mind up on that,but I know which train of thought I'm taking..........get them Sky Blue ribbons ready folks.................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.