Manchester City's plan for global domination.

It doesn’t. The point being someone else was talking about the stadium expansion and I am say why just yet?

If Appple are launching a new phone do they make 3,000 and then see what the demand is. If it is good do they then ask their suppliers to make some more ? If they did they would soon find out their customers had gone elsewhere. The CFG group is projecting 30 or more years ahead. Build it, fill it in the summer for concerts, the rugby play off thing the Rags currently have and if it fills for football great, if it doesnt, it soon will.

What’s the point of expanding the stadium when we are still struggling to fill it completely (regardless of Sold Out as stated by the club) whilst playing the best football most of us have ever seen and breaking records left, right and centre?

Barca average around 20000 a match below capacity over the course of a season. And there still looking to expand. Stop listening to Rags. How you can read that article and not see the need for us to not stand still?

The matches are sold out generally (no tickets available from the club), other that via ticket exchange/wankers at viagogo, so blues are missing out going to games currently and the club revenue. Not a sensible long term strategy

Barca average around 20000 a match below capacity over the course of a season. And there still looking to expand. Stop listening to Rags. How you can read that article and not see the need for us to not stand still?

The matches are sold out generally (no tickets available from the club), other that via ticket exchange/wankers at viagogo, so blues are missing out going to games currently and the club revenue. Not a sensible long term strategy
Maybe struggling was the wrong word. I’ve put a couple of tickets on the city ticket exchange and they haven’t sold.

Maybe struggling was the wrong word. I’ve put a couple of tickets on the city ticket exchange and they haven’t sold.
Thats pretty unlucky mate. Has worked very efficiently whenever i have used it. I can't get down for the Watford game and they sold within two hours of them being offered up so demand seems to be very strong.

We havent used viagogo for two or three seasons now, only club exchange.

As the Guardian article argues, the development of the CFG has begun to change the face of football and it will do so for many years. What the consequences will be is impossible to say but it strikes me that there has already been a consequence of major importance already.

Even last season many on here bemoaned our lack of a "winning mentality ". Yet this season we have heard condemnation from Wenger about oil money, City's spending in the window, bad refereeing for the last two visits to the Etihad and so on. And Mourinho has joined in with a vengeance. He has complained about trying to compete with the resources of a state, the build up to the derby was nothing but the ref and City's supposed cheating and the talk after the match was how City were underhand enough to rely on two "disgraceful" goals and United were still only prevented from winning by a ridiculous decision ("a clear penalty NOT given") which would have given United (!) 20 minutes to win the match.

Bothe Wenger and Mourinho are displaying something quite different to a "winning mentality". Wenger is excusing defeat while Mourinho was, at first, preparing the way for it and then excusing it. This is, in fact, a "losing mentality" because they are in effect arguing that defeat is due to factors well beyond their control. Until something is done about City, money and referees, there is little point in taking City on a pitch at football. Just as United and Liverpool believe there is little point in taking on our youth teams. How are the mighty fallen! The biggest, richest club in the world giving up. And as the article says, Real and Barca are seriously worried ... And the CFG is only just getting going!

Come on CFG!!!

We havent used viagogo for two or three seasons now, only club exchange.

Fair enough, I looked a few seasons back and was disgusted at the pricing so never bothered with it again. Point still applies to the black market option of sourcing tickets... plenty of games have no/limited availability of tickets direct from the club. That is now, nevermind in the next 5/10/15/20 years which the article talks about....

Last edited:
Fair enough, I looked a few seasons back and was disgusted at the pricing so never bothered with it again. Point still applies to the black market option of sourcing tickets... plenty of games have no/limited availability of tickets direct from the club. That is now, nevermind in the next 5/10/15/20 years which the article talks about....
The club sells exchange tickets at face value (albeit that is pretty expensive) it doesn't apply a premium on top unlike the Viagogo scheme. Exchange tickets are released as they become available (i noticed there were a small number still available for Spuds tomorrow when I looked earlier).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.