Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

New songs are needed,stand up if you love City is a bit dated for instance now,people round me stand up for 5-10 seconds a quick clap and back down
If you think back to peak poznan it took awhile to get around the stadium and spread over the three tiers. Its the same for songs a lot of people will,stand up,and join in when those around them do but won't if no one else in their block does. But like you say songs can start and be over after one run through so they hardly ever get beyond the south stand. I know the drum idea gets dismissed but it could if used occasionally at least keep it going long enough to givee it a chance spread around the stands.

If you think back to peak poznan it took awhile to get around the stadium and spread over the three tiers. Its the same for songs a lot of people will,stand up,and join in when those around them do but won't if no one else in their block does. But like you say songs can start and be over after one run through so they hardly ever get beyond the south stand. I know the drum idea gets dismissed but it could if used occasionally at least keep it going long enough to givee it a chance spread around the stands.

That's the problem mate,getting it spread around the whole ground,I've never been in favour of the drum,I've always felt we have far too many that will sing without the need for that,leave that to league 1 and 2 sides that take 400 away from home I say,but it is a key issue to get all 4 sides roaring,that's what he wants I think,the whole ground rocking,and no better time to start as to what we are witnessing at present,starting tomorrow.

Here is the plea,get um singing loud and proud,even if it's Bluemoon or City City,whatever stand you are in tomorrow,as plenty will read this thread who sit in different areas of the ground,lets get them talking about it on tv all week about the ground being loud

if it’s not decent tomorrow might as well give up!
Saturday Half 5 KO
under the lights
Plenty time for pre match beers
Xmas festive cheer
Playing best football we have ever seen
11 points clear
Playing a good spurs team who won’t park bus
Full away allocation to bounce off

As has been said a few times, that's up to Soriano.

He or his reports should be talking to us to ensure the best way to ensure that but they keep fobbing us off with meaningless platitudes instead of meaningful engagement. We need cheaper prices to attract the younger, more vocal element. We need proper singing sections rather than the ones we have being split by the away fans. We need some commitment from the club to address the post-game transport issues causing an early exodus.

Attract the young supporters with cheaper tickets and the promise that they will not be able to get any away tickets for any desirable game. Yeah I know. Do the hard yards but how does a young fan do that realistically.

Pep asking for our support again tomorrow. I think he will get it no problem v Spurs but can he change the psyche of the fans going forward so that there are more 1894 style supporters?

He mentions it a lot it seems.
Stop charging so much money then more working class people will be able to afford to go.
Simples

As has been said a few times, that's up to Soriano.

He or his reports should be talking to us to ensure the best way to ensure that but they keep fobbing us off with meaningless platitudes instead of meaningful engagement. We need cheaper prices to attract the younger, more vocal element. We need proper singing sections rather than the ones we have being split by the away fans. We need some commitment from the club to address the post-game transport issues causing an early exodus.

Get what you’re saying but Palace, Bournemouth (et al) aren’t as demanding. Should we not be giving our unequivocal support in this current era of amazing football having been presented with the worlds best manager?? Why do we City fans make so many excuses for the poor vocal support??

if it’s not decent tomorrow might as well give up!
Saturday Half 5 KO
under the lights
Plenty time for pre match beers
Xmas festive cheer
Playing best football we have ever seen
11 points clear
Playing a good spurs team who won’t park bus
Full away allocation to bounce off
Yep, I'll just delete most of what I was going to write, and add first home game after the derby and, to put it mildly, antagonistic away fans. No excuses.

I'm not unsympathetic to people who are struggling financially.
We're averaging around 54000 per PL game.
My comments are aimed at the people in the ground.

The problem isn't even just 'new fans', who are often the most enthusiastic.
It's the one's who were 'there when we were shit' that do my head in.
Many of them think they've earned the right to sit there in silence with a face like a slapped arse.
In a way the're right, they paid their money and they can behave how they like.
What they can't do is convince themselves they are helping, because they're not, they are the problem, not the solution.
They are the past, not the future.

We have the best manager and the best team, why not try and make the Etihad the most intimidating ground for visiting teams?

You’ve got a point bud.

I do think that a section where cheaper tickets are available and can be bought even on match day would help generate a fantastic, vocal and intimidating atmosphere though.

However, that’s not an excuse for those that are there tomorrow not getting involved with making a decent atmosphere.

It’s a 5:30 kick off. That usually helps with atmosphere as most are usually well oiled for kick off so I reckon tomorrow’s atmosphere will be decent.

Why? Isn’t it reasonable to ask for a bit of vocal support from whoever? Do you have to be a 20-year old, non-noodle eating, horny-handed son of toil to murmur approval? Are people without an M11 postcode or 72-inch TV all mutes?

While your suggestions might help a little, blaming Soriano is the biggest platitude here.
You can ask but people aren't going to change just because Pep asks them. We moved to 109 a couple of seasons after moving to the Etihad as it was a lot livelier than where we were. So I'm used to being in an area where there's usually a far bit of support. But I remember at Wembley for the semi-final in 2011 and being in the top tier and with just minutes to go, being told to sit down by people who didn't make a sound all game. All were older people and you aren't going to change them. That's just completely naive to believe these people are suddenly going to stand up and start singing and shouting.

So the theory is that, if you encourage younger people to attend, they are generally more uninhibited and more inclined to make a noise. Liverpool's Fan Committee got the club to set aside 1000 cheap tickets for young locals. The club were prepared to listen. These lads have probably had a few beers as well, which helps. And the more noisy people you have in one area, the more noise they're going to make. and the more they make, the greater the chance that others join in/

Do you not think that we, as fans, know what works to create an atmosphere and what doesn't better than someone who works in admin at the club & is paid to come up with ideas? The club need to talk to a representative group of fans to understand what works for them and what doesn't. Most of us don't want the atmosphere 'managed' right up to kick-off. We may not change the majority of people but we can take small but significant steps

Part of the problem is the lack of a safe standing area.
When groups of supporters are stood with their mates they tend to sing and make plenty of noise, whereas being seated and not always with your mates can make it more difficult to join in unless everyone else is .
I sit in SS3 because it's affordable but if they had a safe standing area for the same price then I would be in there and I'm not a youngster but miss the old atmosphere.
Expand the ground and have more tickets available for under 21s at a cheaper price whether s/t or pay per game.
The young fans are our future and we need to get them in and keep them.
The football be are playing deserves to be played in a stadium that's noisy and full till the final whistle, but the transport system needs to be sorted out as it's a bloody shambles especially after night games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.