Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

Tin hat firmly on but would love to hear a catchy jingle every time we scored a goal...and how about a bit of crowd noise through the speakers...come on CITY!!!

Tin hat firmly on but would love to hear a catchy jingle every time we scored a goal...and how about a bit of crowd noise through the speakers...come on CITY!!!
And a drummer and a band. We need a drummer and a band. While we're at it, I miss the blindingly pink Vitality advert, particularly during night matches.

Huge amount of hypocrisy on this thread in my view. Clearly people seem to divide City fans into 'real fans' and 'people who pay money to buy a ticket, buy a jersey, travel to the ground, cheer for the team......but they are not real fans'. Especially, people not from Manchester. So ye are happy to have all the perks of a global club, foreign owner, great stadium, best players in the world, best manager. But you also want Umbro making the kits, not Nike. You want tickets the same price as Burnley. And you dont want any 'tourists' at the stadium. I brought my son over to watch a match at the stadium earlier this year. I'd have to say the club is magnificent. Great stadium. The pre-match stuff at the City Football Academy, for free, fully paid for by the Club, was absolutely top class. You wouldnt get better anywhere else. The fans..... less so. We were tourists, not real fans. I didnt like that, I dont like that. I watched the Manchester derby in a pub in Dublin, suburban pub that does Sunday lunches, people go to watch a game. There were more adults wearing ManU jerseys. There were more kids wearing Man City jerseys. Its a global club, get used to it.
Bang on mate. Some don't realize the game is global now and we had better get use to the fact.

Can't see anything changing until the expansion. Reducing ticket prices would probably just result in the same people that go now, buying the tickets but paying a bit less.

I guess we'll see at the Burnley game whether prices of tickets will make much difference but I suspect not.

probably get criticised, but singing anti rag songs like 50000 empty seats and other crap going down with a billion in the bnk is not helping, plenty near me in 120 sing plenty of city based songs, but unless it's derby day/week don't bother with the united stuff.
I dony need to clap me hands to show I hate the rags amd if we ain't playing them I couldm't give 2 fucks about them.

We're not really here, you are my city, the vikings song and a few other player chants get a good rendition, but they are rarely sung now and before it's said the singing section is bouncing with them, you can hardly hear them some games.

Think what 1894 grouo is doing is great, but we need some new decent non rag related songs like the sane heartbeat one, that the whole stadium can or will join in on.

Can't see anything changing until the expansion. Reducing ticket prices would probably just result in the same people that go now, buying the tickets but paying a bit less.

I guess we'll see at the Burnley game whether prices of tickets will make much difference but I suspect not.
Agree with this, except Im not sure expansion will make a huge difference, unless safe standing is involved, not sure that's very likely in the next couple of years though.

Agree with this, except Im not sure expansion will make a huge difference, unless safe standing is involved, not sure that's very likely in the next couple of years though.

I'm not sure we have enough regulars at the current prices to fill the new stand. We'd need to attract additional fans that don't currently go, so pricing would have to be fairly low, at least initially.

Huge amount of hypocrisy on this thread in my view. Clearly people seem to divide City fans into 'real fans' and 'people who pay money to buy a ticket, buy a jersey, travel to the ground, cheer for the team......but they are not real fans'. Especially, people not from Manchester. So ye are happy to have all the perks of a global club, foreign owner, great stadium, best players in the world, best manager. But you also want Umbro making the kits, not Nike. You want tickets the same price as Burnley. And you dont want any 'tourists' at the stadium. I brought my son over to watch a match at the stadium earlier this year. I'd have to say the club is magnificent. Great stadium. The pre-match stuff at the City Football Academy, for free, fully paid for by the Club, was absolutely top class. You wouldnt get better anywhere else. The fans..... less so. We were tourists, not real fans. I didnt like that, I dont like that. I watched the Manchester derby in a pub in Dublin, suburban pub that does Sunday lunches, people go to watch a game. There were more adults wearing ManU jerseys. There were more kids wearing Man City jerseys. Its a global club, get used to it.
Yeah we don't want people not from Manchester involved in our club like er, that Sergio, that Silva bloke and oh shit......grow up. The Management and squad are not from Manchester. That boat sailed about 1900 . You do not have to be from Manchester to support or play for City and guess what if you were born and bred within 2 Miles of main rd and be fourth generation blue does not make you a better or Real fan.

What makes a 'real' fan is loyalty and love of your chosen team.

I'm not sure we have enough regulars at the current prices to fill the new stand. We'd need to attract additional fans that don't currently go, so pricing would have to be fairly low, at least initially.
I'd expect any expanded north stand to have the same prices as the south so the majority for £299 - £450. The trouble is last time though was most of these went to those moving from other parts of the ground, for the North stand I think it would be better offering the cheaper seats to new younger fans that could buy seats together. You can bet though if that happened many existing s/c holders in dearer seats would be up in arms, trouble is if these fans are given first refusal its harder to sell their dearer seats to new fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.