Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how someone could possibly think a club like Ajax would ever want that arrangement?

Unfortunately for Ajax, as an Eredivisie club, they are not in the position to turn down big money from City or another European top club.

But he isn't ready for us. Hope we simply keep tabs on him and strike when the time is right.

Unfortunately for Ajax, as an Eredivisie club, they are not in the position to turn down big money from City or another European top club.

But he isn't ready for us. Hope we simply keep tabs on him and strike when the time is right.

I think his point is that Ajax wouldn't use one of our loanees. They'd either buy someone in on the cheap or promote from within.

I'm sure they'd have to take the money, but they wouldn't continue to develop him for us.

I'm sure they'd have to take the money, but they wouldn't continue to develop him for us.
Isn't it the main purpose of Girona's purchase? Get him and send to Spain to get used to a tougher league. With the right development I see a top eight similar to Modric in him.

The new contract means he's decided to stay at Ajax for a while, not sure if that's a good career move. Eredivisie is so poor, he's just wasting time there. And he's not a kid - will turn 21 in May.

Isn't it the main purpose of Girona's purchase? Get him and send to Spain to get used to a tougher league. With the right development I see a top eight similar to Modric in him.

The new contract means he's decided to stay at Ajax for a while, not sure if that's a good career move. Eredivisie is so poor, he's just wasting time there. And he's not a kid - will turn 21 in May.

And why would he want to sign for us and play for Girona instead just going to Liverpool, or Arsenal? Not exactly a vote of confidence is it?

If we want to sign a kid who's being hyped up as the biggest Dutch talent of his generation, you buy him and play him, or you wait for him to move somewhere and buy him for 5x as much a few years later.

I think he is good cover for Stones and Fernandinho.

Spend 50m on him and play him wherever Pep needs him.

I think he is good cover for Stones and Fernandinho.

Spend 50m on him and play him wherever Pep needs him.
And Debryune and Silva. He is simply a good footballer. And the references to Samaras are annoying.

@totaalvoetbal , what's your opinion on De Jong's perspectives, his best position and suitability for City under Guardiola? In case you still visit Bluemoon, ofc.

His main strenngth is his high press resistance and his ability to spot a pass. He would fit into Pep Guardiola's system as long as he is willing to learn. With the options already available to him when he has the ball, he would look very good. If he does leave us I hope he joins Manchester City.

His main weaknesss for me at the moment is that he dwells on the ball a bit too much sometimes but that can be fixed easily by Pep Guardiola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.