Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

A lot,of tickets,are,reasonably priced thats why games are sold ot it would be nice to have cheaper tickets but it would be cheaper for the fans that already go , the answer lies with those that go now not those we might attract if and when we expand.
What answer? You've lost me there mate. Did you read the comment I was replying to? Are all the tickets reasonably priced? Are many locals that wish to go to every game priced out? Are the half and half one day fans priced out?

I'm also not sure there are these big groups of younger supporters looking to start going to games to stand and sing, there are many more options than when we were teenagers and they expect more 'comfort and facilities'. I started going when I was 13 and stood at the North end of the Kippax and I can assure younger fans there was no atmosphere in that corner just moaning. It was only when I was a bit older and drifted to the other end of the Kippax there was any atmosphere. The Kippax was certainly never a whole stand of non stop singing.

if its affordable then you will get big groups of young people going and I don't agree us young people expect more comfort and facilities. id actually apply that to older fans. go to any festival, lads holiday or anything similar no one cares about facilities, just getting drunk and having a laugh ( in most cases ). also you say there are more options, its the same for young people in germany, france, holland yet there grounds are packed with young people. you only have to look at any videos of dortmunds singing bit and its full of young people. its obvious why - affordable tickets.

yes there are other reasons like people just not joining in, we haven't got a proper home end. but i think impossible not to link cheaper tickets to a better atmosphere. we do have some for the odd cup game, but 40-50 quid match day tickets for most younger people is unaffordable. as soon as i turned 21 it doubled in price. ss3 you an see the difference as the crowd is more varied age wise. I'm not saying it would solve it, but it would help and it would attract younger people to the ground more.

The Main Stand at Maine Road was always quiet except on rare occasions. It was where the expensive seats were. Now we have four main stands.

The other thing is, back in the day, a group of you could decide to go on Friday night, or even Saturday morning, and just turn up on the day. Now everything has to be planned weeks or even months in advance. The spontaneity is gone. And that's before you get onto ticket prices that only the comfortably-off (or richer) can really afford. It's only a matter of time before some matches are designated as "black-tie only" affairs.

The Main Stand at Maine Road was always quiet except on rare occasions. It was where the expensive seats were. Now we have four main stands.

The other thing is, back in the day, a group of you could decide to go on Friday night, or even Saturday morning, and just turn up on the day. Now everything has to be planned weeks or even months in advance. The spontaneity is gone. And that's before you get onto ticket prices that only the comfortably-off (or richer) can really afford. It's only a matter of time before some matches are designated as "black-tie only" affairs.
Good points are raised here especially about groups of people wanting to go to the match on the day.

What answer? You've lost me there mate. Did you read the comment I was replying to? Are all the tickets reasonably priced? Are many locals that wish to go to every game priced out? Are the half and half one day fans priced out?
no, my point is there isn't any room for these new fans. The ground is full and cheaper prices will be for those that already go.

As has been said a few times, that's up to Soriano.

He or his reports should be talking to us to ensure the best way to ensure that but they keep fobbing us off with meaningless platitudes instead of meaningful engagement. We need cheaper prices to attract the younger, more vocal element. We need proper singing sections rather than the ones we have being split by the away fans. We need some commitment from the club to address the post-game transport issues causing an early exodus.
Spot on fella!

This is, unfortunately, spot on n’all

Even away game atmospheres now though are nothing like they used to be. There have been numerous games in the last couple of years where you look around and think “what has happened to our away support?!”

No offence to any of them but it’s all older blokes, women, kids and geeks.

Are you for real? What a moronic comment. The half and half scarf wearers are fans on a one-off day out. They can afford to splash out on a ticket and their souvenir on their trip to Manchester. It's the proper fans that want to go week-in week-out that can't afford it. If tickets were resonablly priced, they'd be few spare tickets left for the spectators.
Fuckoff with your moronic comments. What I said stands, we have some quiet spectators who come for a day out which you have just said too. I said the ticket prices need to come down which is what you said too. wtf

Last time I went I was next to a family on a day trip didnt hear a peep out of them (Once they sat down after getting their burgers and drinks 15 mins into the game getting everyone up as they walked up and down the aisles looking for their seat), the mum sat there playing with her phone, the dad was just taking his kids and clearly wasnt a fan, the kids just stuffed their faces..... That is a cinema scenario not a football game. Things might have moved on from my day but ffs that sort of fan is what we shouldnt be bringing in and if you think I am a moron for saying it then fuck right off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.