Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

A massive disappointment leaving the cinema....understand they want to take the saga in a direction away from the normal skywalker name, but Rian Johnson has thrown all the ideas and questions from JJ Abraham’s TFA out the window and left this film with a very childish plot from the First Order and the lack of character storyline that was shocking - no wonder mark hamill didnt agree with the script in terms of luke’s character and its direction.

If you are new to the star wars films, you wouldnt even need to see TFA to have an idea of what is going on, let alone the previous films.

And the stupid added humour jokes, i mean WTF. This was a really poor showing after TFA and Rogue 1. Thank god JJ is back writing the script for episode 9 and directing. However how the hell he is going to link the mess that Rian Johnson put put is going to be hard work.

Disney if you keep RJ on the syar wars franchise then you have basically sealed its death

A massive disappointment leaving the cinema....understand they want to take the saga in a direction away from the normal skywalker name, but Rian Johnson has thrown all the ideas and questions from JJ Abraham’s TFA out the window and left this film with a very childish plot from the First Order and the lack of character storyline that was shocking - no wonder mark hamill didnt agree with the script in terms of luke’s character and its direction.

If you are new to the star wars films, you wouldnt even need to see TFA to have an idea of what is going on, let alone the previous films.

And the stupid added humour jokes, i mean WTF. This was a really poor showing after TFA and Rogue 1. Thank god JJ is back writing the script for episode 9 and directing. However how the hell he is going to link the mess that Rian Johnson put put is going to be hard work.

Disney if you keep RJ on the syar wars franchise then you have basically sealed its death

I was worried about Rian Johnson coming into the franchise as he's best known for an episode about a fucking fly in a lab.

He's ruined the franchise - he's ruined so many characters and has accomplished a task in making it the worst Star Wars film to date.

I was worried about Rian Johnson coming into the franchise as he's best known for an episode about a fucking fly in a lab.

He's ruined the franchise - he's ruined so many characters and has accomplished a task in making it the worst Star Wars film to date.

Totally agree...why the hell they let a director who’s so called best film was Looper, let loose on star wars is beyond me. It says it all when Hamill wanted to take skywalker in the direction he should have done and it was vetoed by RJ. The simplistic way that characters in TLJ have been swatted away with such disdain was a massive let down.

Like mentioned earlier JJ Abraham’s has a lot to do now in order to try and tie this all in because Rian Johnson has just left stupid big gaps. A bloody story line with the first order chasing the resistance and waiting for them to run out of fuel - how the hell did that get sanctioned off

This will make a shit load of money however I bet it doesn’t make what Disney thinks because repeat viewings by hardcore fans will plummet, now I’m hoping this will set alarm bells ringing because these fans are what keeps franchises going, JJ is no fool he will be reading these fan reviews and Kathleen Kennedy will as well, the can’t afford to fuck up Star Wars.

They have anyway IMO by having a yearly film release, all the spin offs in the pipeline etc etc..aka 'Disneyfication'

That doesnt bother me...what they need to be aware of is ruining the whole saga by self sabotaging the films. You look at the questions posed by TFA....the answers provided by RJ could have been divised by a 5 year old and then others basically dismissed by him as non-important.

I understand moving away from the skywalker name, but not treating with the shitness that this director did.

Totally agree...why the hell they let a director who’s so called best film was Looper, let loose on star wars is beyond me. It says it all when Hamill wanted to take skywalker in the direction he should have done and it was vetoed by RJ. The simplistic way that characters in TLJ have been swatted away with such disdain was a massive let down.

Like mentioned earlier JJ Abraham’s has a lot to do now in order to try and tie this all in because Rian Johnson has just left stupid big gaps. A bloody story line with the first order chasing the resistance and waiting for them to run out of fuel - how the hell did that get sanctioned off

I thought that was a weak story line myself, and even turned to my eight year old daughter and said hopefully they'll pass a Shell Petrol Station.

I thought the Snoke story line wasn't well thought through, as minutes before the lightsaber sliced him in half he was telling Rey he could read Kylo Ren's thoughts. The Supreme Leader was obviously bullshitting or the writers cocked up. I was also disappointed to see the way the Luke Skywalker story panned out considering his importance to the films. Buying the resistance a bit of time so they could fuck off out of a back door is not fitting with the most important character from the New Hope onwards.

Think they will have to seriously raise their game for the next film.

On a side note felt quite sad knowing that Carrie Fisher won't be in the next film.

I thought it was reasonably entertaining, even if it didn't really seem to match up well.

Good thing a First Order ship only has one gun, isn't it?

Ridley much better, Boyega still looks baffled he's got a starring role way above his acting skills, Driver still playing a mumbly whiny brat.

Biggest irritations: some odd lurching of behaviour and not making people dead when they could be made dead very easily, who/what is Snoke and BB8, SuperDroid! Oh, and the toy selling placements added exactly nothing.

I thought the Snoke story line wasn't well thought through, as minutes before the lightsaber sliced him in half he was telling Rey he could read Kylo Ren's thoughts. The Supreme Leader was obviously bullshitting or the writers cocked up.

Not sure that is a fair criticism. Snoke at the time was telling Kylo Ren to kill his enemy, strike them down etc.. Kylo Ren was thinking that exactly. After all, Snoke insulted him and had earlier thrown him around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.