Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry pal but that is total nonsense. His movement and runs off the ball are brilliant. He gets into some fantatstic positions. No one scores 3, 4 or 5 goals every game do they? Think about what you are saying?!!

Total nonsense...? Maybe reread the post, just saying he still needs to sharpen his work rate and vision to be seen as truly on a par with others - he can be frustrating, is all. If he does that he could amazing with the amount of chances available..

It's his footwork which causes him to miss these easy goals IMO. For such a nimble player, he's got a habit of planting his feet and taking a swing at the ball coming towards him, even when he's probably got time to sort his feet out. As a result he's quite often off-balance or stretching for the ball.

If he can fit a step in, he'd be hitting the ball in a more natural, balanced stance and they'd just fly into the net.

That's my theory anyway. Given the progress he's already made with his finishing, I'm sure he'll be working extra hours with Arteta to put those missed chances behind him and he'll bury them next time.

Total nonsense...? Maybe reread the post, just saying he still needs to sharpen his work rate and vision to be seen as truly on a par with others - he can be frustrating, is all. If he does that he could amazing with the amount of chances available..

Sometimes I read posts which make me question if the author has eyes at all. He needs to sharpen his work rate!?!! Are you mad? No one works harder not the pitch, and Pep Guardiola doesn't decide to play someone as a false 9 and make them his key player to break United down away at Old Trafford if they lack vision.

Sorry but you're talking nonsense.

Sometimes I read posts which make me question if the author has eyes at all. He needs to sharpen his work rate!?!! Are you mad? No one works harder not the pitch, and Pep Guardiola doesn't decide to play someone as a false 9 and make them his key player to break United down away at Old Trafford if they lack vision.

Sorry but you're talking nonsense.

No one works harder on the pitch?? Seriously?

Yep fraid so. It's a shame when a player is doing so well that there are still those that are on his back. And being over critical of him while not judging others to the same standard.

I was excited when we signed the player Raheem was at Liverpool.

I was underwhelmed at the player he was under Pellergrini.

I am delirious at the player we now have.

He's a very intelligent young player and his movement just opens the game up for others. He keeps playing like this and he'll become one of the top 5 players in the world.

He needs to work on his body shape in the box. Effectively he missed two really good opportunities by just leaning back too much and scooping the ball. He gets into great positions & if the finishing touch was better -wow

Posted before but for me he’s like Dzeko was, esp this season with the late goals and match winners but I still think if you watch him live as opposed to TV you see how much below some of his teammates he is in terms of his vision. He is often the one to break up a move with a failed pass or lack of movement and he still needs to sharpen that and work harder for the ball. Will support him of course but still I have the nagging suspicion that deep down he is not a team player and will play here only as long as it suits him. He’s benefitting massively from playing with world class players and the media talking him up because of it. He should have had 5 if not 6 today. But like Dzeko if he nets 20% of the chances he gets, it won’t be a bad total..
lol

Could have scored 5 today but he'll just have to settle for the 2!

I'm sure he admit he would have liked a couple more today. However, his movement is absolutely world class, never known a player manage to get himself into so many open positions! Really important player for us.
His movement has always been top class. Even under Pellegrini when he was overall probably just playing ok rather than brilliantly well, his runs off the ball were fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.