The Boxing thread

I like Mikey Garcia really good fighter has all the shots in the book for me. I think Mikey Garica cleans up and wins all the belts in the Super Lightweight division. Can even see him moving up again to Welterweight to fight Terence Crawford myself.
As for Lomachenko that Alberto Machado looks a interesting fight the banger against the boxer who will win?? Also Gary Russell Jnr wants a rematch with Loma. Any of them be good fights with Loma if he boxes winning on the cards. Or even Lomachenko moving up to Lightweight and fighting any of the champions there.

Some decent fights last night on the sky card. IF you get a chance watch the Conor Benn fight wow. He was so lucky to get the win i had it as a draw. 4 knockdowns 2 each really good fight. Even the main event Katie Taylor won well but it was a good little fight Taylor took a few punches but was a deserving winner. Hopefully early next year she be fighting in Dublin.
Josh Kelly looked good too hope to see him getting tested much much more next year. Martin J Ward was classy too with his KO win and Cordina looked good too.

Thought Katie Taylor was fantastic last night. Tough fight but showed her class. No doubting Mikeys class and i was lucky to see his return last July in Brooklyn on the frampton undercard. For me Loma & Garcia is the fight id most like to see at any weight.

Watched most of the sky card last night besides the Taylor fight which I will watch tonight.

Really hope Okolie vs Chamberlain gets made, they proper dislike each other and two of our top Cruisers going up against each other early on in their careers will be great.

Connor Benn, I know hes acted like a bit of a twat and I dont want to make excuses for him but hes only a young lad so im sure he will grow up. On his boxing though, I have no idea why hes turned over so early with absolutely no amateur experience and its really showing in his fights. Think they need to take him out of the spotlight (again) for a while because hes going to get stopped soon. He did six rounds against a journey man and his face looked like he'd done 12 rounds with a heavyweight.

Josh Kelly on the other hand looks brilliant, would love to see him move up soon. Not sure if hes going to be a welter or light welter though when he starts getting into serious fights?

Also Povetkin vs Hammer has been added to sky schedule for tonight 6.30pm

Connor Benn, I know hes acted like a bit of a twat and I dont want to make excuses for him but hes only a young lad so im sure he will grow up. On his boxing though, I have no idea why hes turned over so early with absolutely no amateur experience and its really showing in his fights. Think they need to take him out of the spotlight (again) for a while because hes going to get stopped soon. He did six rounds against a journey man and his face looked like he'd done 12 rounds with a heavyweight.

My mate did some work with him when he trained in Hyde. He always said he was too easy to hit but had too many people blowing smoke up his arse who wouldn't listen. He's getting exposure because of his name. Granted he has an exciting style, but that's because he's having wars at 4-6 round level.

My mate did some work with him when he trained in Hyde. He always said he was too easy to hit but had too many people blowing smoke up his arse who wouldn't listen. He's getting exposure because of his name. Granted he has an exciting style, but that's because he's having wars at 4-6 round level.

Yep you can see it too. He fights with his hands low like hes got head movement, the way he got squared up and dropped on wednesday was basic stuff. Also shows his lack of ring IQ that 11 fights in or whatever it is, he got to about the 4th round and Tony Simms was having to tell him to get his left hand up when he backs up, the straight right was the only real danger shot his opponent had and he just for whatever reason didnt pick up on it. I actually thought he looked a bit better in his past couple of fights, I think he had about 8 months out "injured" really I think they just had him in the gym protecting him because hes looked really really poor. Hes only 21 and had 10 fights in Oz before turning over, unreal.

Billy Joe Saunders, outstanding last night in probably on paper the toughest fight of his career. Totally schooled David Lemieux and for me won every round comfortably. About time he demonstrated what he's capable of at the highest level, he's got to be looking to test himself against the elites of that weight class now. Hopefully the GGG/Canelo winner next year at some point then we can really see if his skills can compete at the top table. I think he can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.