Leicester (a) Carabao Cup QF pre-match thread

Leicester City (a) Carabao Cup prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if I upset anyone here but, I believe Big Clubs play to win EVERY game in EVERY competition they enter.

I believe it is only the "Lickle Clubs" who don't believe they are strong enough to field their best team in EVERY match.

Mind you, having said that, our squad is so strong that we have so many options to choose from without seriously weakening the team.

But to "rest" players on a Tuesday to save them for Saturday seems very small minded indeed to me.

I want us to win the League Cup.

JJ

Bravo

Walker
Tosin
Mangala
Danilo

Fern
Foden
Gundogan

Bernardo
Jesus
Diaz

I’d play Fernandinho because I think he will get a rest sooner rather than later because he’s on 4 bookings. Walker is a machine and he got rested at Swansea last week. Foden and Diaz deserve to start, although I think Sane will play instead of Diaz.

Not sure what sort of tesm Leicester will field.

Puel did take Southampton to the final last year, I imagine he'd be keen to do the same now.

I think Leicester will end up around 7th, they're a pretty good team who'll be 100% safe and 100% not in the race for a Europa league place, so this and the FA Cup are all they have to compete for.

Haha, my head hurts this morning after yesterday, never thought I would see us play like that in my lifetime.

We seem to be getting better every week. The moment KDB chipped the ball over the Spurs player (down the line from the right back position) drained Spurs of any lift they got out of our penalty miss. Nearly as good as Silva running circles around the Arsenal midfield lol

We can rest a few and still have ample to beat this lot, Palace played them off the park yesterday. Also the upcoming fixtures, while accepting that there are no 'easy' games, are against sides we ought, on current form, deal with - in fact we could probably put out a full-strength team at Leicester and rest players for the Bournemouth match, especially as Newcastle and Palace away will be long days out over the holidays....

Forgive me if I upset anyone here but, I believe Big Clubs play to win EVERY game in EVERY competition they enter.

I believe it is only the "Lickle Clubs" who don't believe they are strong enough to field their best team in EVERY match.

Mind you, having said that, our squad is so strong that we have so many options to choose from without seriously weakening the team.

But to "rest" players on a Tuesday to save them for Saturday seems very small minded indeed to me.

I want us to win the League Cup.

JJ

Cant believe im saying this as would have killed for a LC win 10 years ago but this is a game for squad players.

The tournament is a serious way of derailing us with 2 semis in Jan, field as many fringe players as possible.

Cant believe im saying this as would have killed for a LC win 10 years ago but this is a game for squad players.

The tournament is a serious way of derailing us with 2 semis in Jan, field as many fringe players as possible.

Fair enough Sir...

It is just that I am stupid enough to believe that two semis in Jan will not derail us... I believe we are big enough and strong enough to deal with them...

JJ

Rest too many and we end up like the Wolves game (or to a lesser degree Skaktar). If we win this we are in a 2 legged semi - and the current way we are playing it would be hard for any team to fancy their chances over 2 legs. I wouldn't change more than 3 or 4 players tops in order to keep the fluidity. Let's be honest we should also be able to rest 2 or 3 at home against Bournemouth. I would rather have a League and League Cup than just the League and we are at the business end now

Need to rest:

Ederson
Ota
Walker
Delph
Dinho
KDb
David
Sane
Sterling
Aguero

Long season ahead, cannot afford to tire out and get needless injuries. Loss to Donetsk did no harm; this wouldn't either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.