Reflections on the "oil money" matter

It doesn't matter where the money comes from in my opinion...if I win the lottery and wanted to buy a new house do you think the sellers would give a fuck where it came from?
Whether somebody earns their money or if it's gifted to them it still spends the same.
Fuck the jealous bitter bastard's and say if you won the lottery would you feel guilty spending it
If some rag twat says to me it's only oil money that's keeping you afloat I just laugh and say yes and it's brilliant.
It's pointless explaining to dumb twats that we are now self sufficient so laugh at them and tell them we will spend what the fuck we like.

Going further back, all of those clubs were bankrolled in some way by an individual.

United were rescued from impending liquidation in 1931 by a man called James Gibson, who paid the players and suppliers, thereby stopping bankruptcy proceedings. He invested further money, improved Old Trafford then rebuilt it after it was bombed in the war and also hired Matt Busby.

Arsenal received what was then a significant investment of £50m in 1994 from Danny Fiszman. When you think that very good players were changing hands or around £3m in those days and the average fee was probably about 1/25th of what fees are now, that's a very large sum, equivalent to about £1bn in today's values.

Liverpool had the benefit of the Moores family fortune, who owned Littlewoods (as did Everton via different branch of the family).

All these backers helped them pay fees and wages that were higher than their rivals and therefore to build better teams that won more. The CL money then bolstered them, further allowing them to attract the best players.
Ah. But they were all local lads not Johnny Foreigners.

when somebody is better than you in all departments,you need something to beat them with hence the buying success stick,i really hope they keep mentioning it as the more they say it the more they hurt... so fuck um..

We are not going to get full credit no matter what.
If we lose, then it will be like last season - "Pep is a fraud and PL has made him look average.."
If we win, then it's all "dirty oil money", "financial doping", using cheat codes etc.

Rather we win and play exciting football, so we can enjoy each game and some trophies at the end of the season and ignore other opinions about our success.

If someone supported Altrincham and won the Euro millions and decided to spend his winnings on buying the club he loved, spent money on improving the stadium and training facilities and bought new players to help them get in to the football league would anyone have a problem with it? Even if the club was running at a loss?
The difference between that and City is we are on a much bigger scale, the new owners weren’t local and the club is actually viable business. In my eyes it’s all jealousy and the big boys are desperate to find anything to hold on to power.

I heard Andy Jacobs on Talksport complaining about our spending the day after we beat Chelsea. I realised at that point that there is literally no point in getting wound up about it. Most football fans are bitter jealous ****s. Just leave them to it.

To be fair we were too until we got some :-)

You are right though it's all jealousy. We are like the spotty teenage geek at school who couldn't get a bird then 15 years later he is the highly paid doctor, living in a penthouse ,driving a Sports car and shagging allsorts while the more popular and successful with the girls at school are on minimum wage and being henpecked by the once lovely Tracy who is now 4 stone overweight pouring out of her thin leggings while the kids are screaming at him.

If someone supported Altrincham and won the Euro millions and decided to spend his winnings on buying the club he loved, spent money on improving the stadium and training facilities and bought new players to help them get in to the football league would anyone have a problem with it? Even if the club was running at a loss?
The difference between that and City is we are on a much bigger scale, the new owners weren’t local and the club is actually viable business. In my eyes it’s all jealousy and the big boys are desperate to find anything to hold on to power.
^^^ As long as he gave up his job as a PL ref I wouldn't have an issue with it tbh.

Not only were they not local but they had the audacity to be, in the words of the haters, "arabs"

This is being trotted out regularly on forums, is borderline racist, and I'm not sure why their ability to invest is any different than Americans, Russians, Chinese, Far Eastern, Europeans and any other nationality you care to mention.

At the end of the day who gives a fuck. We are entertaining nuetrals, fans all over the world and the much despised media.

The money thing only gets brought up if we're winning, which shows the bitterness behind it.

It's funny to me.

What's weird is the emphasis on "oil", like it's a bad thing. If not for oil we'd still all be farmers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.