Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Watched the game again and I noticed at about the 60 minute mark spurs started to look tired and they began to wilt. They kept dropping deeper and deeper and im sure Pep saw this too as he started to bark instructions to Fernandinho, KDB to push further forward and especially to Delph who from then turned into another central midfielder to flood that part of the pitch and they just couldn't cope. It just the little things like which make Pep truly special. They also must of planned this in training as it happens so seamlessly and everyone knew exactly what they had to do

its the day after the spurs game and looking back on the game after replays i have watched something said to me hold on a minute here this was not just a run of the mill game and a city win and spurs was crap. it was not total rubbish by spurs and they had a game plan and played some really good stuff until the finishing and they needed putting to bed and they never give us the points city had to work really hard and the quality we have took us the points

this for me was the best win of the season by far spurs are a very good team and make no bones about it spurs could have turned up and won today that's how much we respect them in we had to play another midfield player in gundogan yes silva we missing for some reason but they play the game the right way and pep for the first time this season had 2 in the center midfield he knew and after watching the game again i total agree with him and it was the right call spurs are a very good team and the 2nd best team in the league in my book

i will say this about this city team everybody is all in nobody is coasting or taking there place in the team for granted you have to work so hard and do your job and all the players are giving it 110% you can see it when we score its a team hug they all come together. one big shout to sterling today could have got to him but got his head down and the 2 goals was for the hard work he put in and him and sane are like work horses up and down none stop and the unseen work they give this team is why we are in this form

yes we could have scored a couple more but the result is special and to beat spurs 4.1 and come of thinking we could have had more says it all really and when this squad is fully fit and pep's first choice 11 we are talking some team and we can take on the so call big 3 in the champions league and win is saying something special

the Sun ripping us to bits over Otamendi's challenge but nothing on the asault on KDB
Went for the ball, no studs, and definitely no follow through = yellow card. What’s all the fuss?!

Kane barely got a look in all game and was totally frustrated. World class striker? You be the judge...but Otamendi and Mangala (our second string CBs) had him in their pocket ALL game! Typical hype from English media. Yes, he’s an Englishman who has scored goals, but wasn’t anywhere close to “world class” yesterday.

And, of course, should have been sent off for a disgustingly late and premeditated studs up challenge he could have pulled out of. Even a dumbfuck like him had a chance to think about it and we all saw what his choice was. Too bad we can’t stand to miss a CB for a few games, because I’d have had him on a stretcher before the end, along with Dele. Two cowardly challenges that could have ended seasons, or even careers.

And, while we are on the subject, how can refs get away with only giving yellow cards for that? That, in and of itself, is a disgrace, and the FA needs to buck the fuck up with what they do and do not assess post match. SERIOUS FOUL PLAY should be under review, as it was when Ben Thatcher was nailed to the cross after getting carded. The arbitrary nature of post game punishment (we will when we want to!) is a joke. Spurs should be without their two “main men” for the next three games, but neither will miss a beat now. I can only hope they end up in the EL, at best, now!

Some of their ratings are fucking awful.

Delph gets 6 - the same as fucking Dele Alli! How can someone have watched that game and not seen Delph play fantastically, I really don't know. He's so good under pressure, he's so good at playing out from the back.

Harry Kane gets 8 - His only contribution was trying to break Sterling's ankle.
Judy read the article; what a f**king crock of s**t.

Kane got the same as Leeroy, and Raz only got a six, despite scoring twice.

6/10 for Ali who was "booked for a foul on De Bruyne that looked worse than it was".

There are three contributions from Times pundit's; Jonathan Northcroft, Ian Whitell (ratings) and Ian Hawkey. All no doubt taking full advantage of the Clubs hospitality, and all stealing a living.

The fact the rags are where they are playing the way they are indicates how bad the league actually is.
Mourinho has played that way for years, and got results. He just knows how to do it. Buys big players, and pays a lot of money for them. Regardless of the stick Lukaku gets, he's worth a fair few points with the goals he scores, especially against the lower teams, as they've got defenders who just can't handle him. With his goals, they'll finish top four, so the £77m is well spent.

It's boring, but it gets results. Any other season they might even be leading the table, or at least be a lot closer to the leaders. Nothing to do with the league being weak, we're just ridiculously good.

Watched the game again and I noticed at about the 60 minute mark spurs started to look tired and they began to wilt. They kept dropping deeper and deeper and im sure Pep saw this too as he started to bark instructions to Fernandinho, KDB to push further forward and especially to Delph who from then turned into another central midfielder to flood that part of the pitch and they just couldn't cope. It just the little things like which make Pep truly special. They also must of planned this in training as it happens so seamlessly and everyone knew exactly what they had to do
Pep knows that the press is almost impossible for 90 minutes, especially if you constantly move the team around and cause everyone on the the opposition to be involved, which is why his philosophy of “move the ball, it is 100 times quicker than moving yourself with the ball” is so soul-destroying for the opposition. What we have that others do not is a total buy-in of that system by the players, and a midfield that understands how to run the opposition ragged by playing passes, 3 yards, 3 yards, 5 yards, 5 yards, 30 yards....suck them in over here, make them run to you, suck them in over there, make them run to you, then switch the ball and make them all run over there...over and over and over again.

While we are spreading the play and SHUFFLING our formation, we are forcing the opposition into full team movement to close down the ball AND cover the spaces we are trying to exploit with the speed of our offensive 5 players. You just can’t keep it up for 90 minutes, and players HATE chasing the opposition, especially when they have already lost or FEEL like they are not going to get anything out of the game.

The added bonus now is that EVERY TEAM who is going to come up against us now KNOW they are going to have to put in the hardest shift of the season, no matter whether they score first or not. When we go 1-0 up, they then KNOW their chance of getting anything has become even harder AND they are STILL going to have to put in a shift for XX more minutes or they’ll look stupid and lazy and be on the end of an even bigger spanking!

Mourinho has played that way for years, and got results. He just knows how to do it. Buys big players, and pays a lot of money for them. Regardless of the stick Lukaku gets, he's worth a fair few points with the goals he scores, especially against the lower teams, as they've got defenders who just can't handle him. With his goals, they'll finish top four, so the £77m is well spent.

It's boring, but it gets results. Any other season they might even be leading the table, or at least be a lot closer to the leaders. Nothing to do with the league being weak, we're just ridiculously good.
Well said. Reiterates what many of us said at the beginning of the season...they were always going to be there or thereabouts, especially with the purchases they have made over the last few years and a manager who knows how to get a win.

Personally, I think the League is FAR from over. We have had an amazing run, but it simply cannot continue. I’ve been concerned about key injuries...a hamstring is four to six weeks, a fracture/break is double that especially if it is the ankle or low on the leg, and a calf or thigh can be the rest of the season from here (4 months)...to key players. We have a small squad and are still in FOUR competitions, which means playing every 3 days for the rest of the season. Some players need rest or they WILL get fatigue injuries. And, as we have seen from this weekend, and sad as it is, there are some teams and players who will look to damage us when things are not going their way.

Well said. Reiterates what many of us said at the beginning of the season...they were always going to be there or thereabouts, especially with the purchases they have made over the last few years and a manager who knows how to get a win.

Personally, I think the League is FAR from over. We have had an amazing run, but it simply cannot continue. I’ve been concerned about key injuries...a hamstring is four to six weeks, a fracture/break is double that especially if it is the ankle or low on the leg, and a calf or thigh can be the rest of the season from here (4 months)...to key players. We have a small squad and are still in FOUR competitions, which means playing every 3 days for the rest of the season. Some players need rest or they WILL get fatigue injuries. And, as we have seen from this weekend, and sad as it is, there are some teams and players who will look to damage us when things are not going their way.
Agreed, the league is not over, not by a long way. Yep, we're playing ridiculously good, but the 2-1s we had recently could very easily have been draws - I know they weren't, but that's how close the margins are. I'll gloat round about the end of April if we have an 11 point lead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.