Pep's contract situation

Weird, was thinking about succession planning after him yesterday. It's already going to be such a difficult job. The longer he stays the better, would they be lining Arteta up? Otherwise Sarri seems to be most mentioned but Pep is unique. Better to have someone who has worked with him and gets the players and tactics etc.

As for Pep, you can see how he burns out. I think another break or international manager will be next. Not Spain anymore though and that might have changed his long term plans. Always thought he'd be perfect for Brazil.

Here we go "his record". 2 clubs isn't a record.

Only a few years ago people were using his "record" to prove how he'd never go to an oil money club like City because he's only interested in historic clubs like Bayern and Barca.
Pretty much. I see a lot of Barca fans and Bayern fans on the web cling to these ideas too. But surely they'd know how adaptable Pep is right? I have a somewhat cynical view as to why they hold these opinions.

Imagine Sterling, Stones, Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Mendy, B Silva, Stones, and Ederson at their prime with Pep at the helm. We'd be dismantling this league year after year.

Can absolutely see him staying longer, can't see him signing a contract that long though. Think he'll do what he seems to like doing and sign for a year extra each time and as long as he's happy and provide him with challenges that motivate him, he'll keep extending and stay for a good while.

I don't think i'll be able to watch football after Pep. Nobody will ever compare to him in my eyes.

I think he might get bored after winning the Premier League 3 times, the FA Cup twice and the Champions League twice, so give it 5 years then he will be off, possibly to manage Spannish national team.
If he won those things I am sure he would go with all our blessings. If not he has to stay until he does.

Hopefully he sees City as more of a work in progress, and an opportunity for him to cement a managerial legacy at a club. There’s far fewer external influences at City as well, so that coupled with the financial resources at his disposal means he has almost carte blanche to do what he wants here, which he probably couldn’t at Barca or Bayern. Just think that he’s always seeking new challenges and experiences though, so 10 years in Manchester seems improbable to me.
I think a 10 year extension is ridiculous (for both parties), but him being at City for 10 years is less so, given that its not that far from 2 already, and he's still building.

tenor.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.