Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced the refs are getting the message from above to not book or dismiss players unnecessarily, especially in big games. It ruins the TV value, or something. Anyone else think this?

If you think it's just our officials who are shit, I've just seen an incredible call in the NFL game between Pittsburgh & New England. Pittsburgh score a touchdown in the last few seconds to seemingly win the game and the officials disallow it despite it meeting all the requirements of being under the control of the receiver at the time the ball breaks the plane of the line marking the end-zone. The reason given was that they felt the ball wasn't under control after it had crossed the line.

The equivalent here would be the ball crossing the goal-line fully then touching the hand of a player of the attacking team and being disallowed.

Pawson didn't actually see the Kane stamp on Sterling, when that happened he was actually looking the other way. He clearly just guessed the foul and produced a yellow card.

Pawson didn't actually see the Kane stamp on Sterling, when that happened he was actually looking the other way. He clearly just guessed the foul and produced a yellow card.

And yet when Mr Walker got his marching orders against neverton the 4th official saw it clearly and informed the ref, seems they only see what they want to see also what was the linesman looking at?

Credentials for football league ref.......

article-blind-0820.jpg

Even the stick is red and white, shows they are bent.

But did he produce the card to stop any retrospective action ? You are right, he did not see the foul so how could he book him ? Also people, even on here seem to have forgotten the foul on KDB after 4 minutes. BT highlighted and slagged off Kev because he was seen waving an imaginary card, they were not bothered that he had been hacked down just that 'you don't want to see that (the card) in the game.

Does producing a yellow mean retrospective action can't be taken though? Sometimes they weasel out of it by saying that they didn't see the full extent of what went on. Referees have been known to have been looking straight at an incident and say they didn't see it properly. In the cases in the Spurs game, it would be easy for the referee to say that about the Kane challenge. I won't hold my breath.

I mentioned it in the match thread he was trying to influence and effect the game with his not booking spurs players during the game and that doesn’t include the Kane and Alli fouls which were shockers,and the booking of city players,don’t forget this was the fucker who sent walker off against Everton ..
except it wasn't. That was Mr Blobby under instructions from Michael "I've got two chins yet I'm supposed to a pro" Oliver.
You're quite correct @BJL_City, it was Mr Blobby v Everton, ably assisted by the Bottler himself, Oliver.
However, Pawson was the referee who screwed us over in the semi final against Arsenal, allowing them to kick Silva into an early exit without taking any action against the perpetrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.