Sterling attacker sentenced to 16 weeks for Racial Assault

Was it the home game before Spurs when some idiot ran on the pitch and was on it for about 30 seconds before anyone reacted. Think he ran into the penalty box just as we were going to take a corner and was asking for the ball. To be fair he was in plenty of space and unmarked
I’ve just remembered & updated my post but I can’t blame them for that incident v West Ham. I didn’t see it as I was travelling back from the US that day but I’d say that’s the stewards’ job to take care of, rather than the in-house player security team.

Why have the club not issued a statement about this even if only to say that this sort of behaviour is not to be tolerated or something along these lines?

The report I've just read says that the 'club has not commented on the allegation.' That sort of implies that it didn't happen, which is all wrong. As I say they only have to say either that the incident is being investigated or that this sort of behaviour is not to be tolerated.

Sometimes their silence is deafening!!

Why have the club not issued a statement about this even if only to say that this sort of behaviour is not to be tolerated or something along these lines?

The report I've just read says that the 'club has not commented on the allegation.' That sort of implies that it didn't happen, which is all wrong. As I say they only have to say either that the incident is being investigated or that this sort of behaviour is not to be tolerated.

Their approach is bizarre at times. Why not just say that the club will co-operate fully with GMP in any investigation and will be reviewing its security procedures as a result. I suspect, as I said above, that there's been a fairly significant failure in security terms. Sterling should never have got out of his car to confront someone but also someone trained should have been on the spot to step in before that happened.

Hopefully Sterling kicked the shit out of him, so the club are keeping quite on it.

"This is the logical culmination of the media vilification of Sterling over the last couple of years. Everyone who wrote a shithouse story about him has a part in this. Words have consequences."

Spot on.

"This is the logical culmination of the media vilification of Sterling over the last couple of years. Everyone who wrote a shithouse story about him has a part in this. Words have consequences."

Spot on.

It certainly didn't help.

Potential to be one of England's greatest, yet treated like he's some sort of villain...

A cricketer can get pissed up, have a fight and still have more respect than a 21 year old footballer.

Doubt the press will be sat feeling guilty, I'd wager they are doing all they can to find a video of the incident.

Very close after the derby I’ll wager it’s a rag, they are still wound up like spinning tops

I'm pretty sure there was an interview with Raz - before the spuds game - and I'm sure he mentioned something along the lines of "here's been a lot of shit said and a lot of abuse given but I'm not paying it any attention i'm just concentrating on my football at City now".

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-85

Similar to the tweet above.

Raheem Sterling

Proof that we continue to overlook the human side of footballers. As we watched Sterling miss two glorious chances before scoring his two goals on Saturday, we wondered whether the discussions over his composure under pressure would resurface.

And then you find out that, on the morning of the game, Sterling was subjected to a physical and verbal racist attack, and rather than criticise him for those finishes you applaud him for even having the resilience to take part in the game.

The kid is 23, for goodness sake. He’s been abused for wanting to leave a football club and he has been vilified by a section of the media that would prefer to ignore that their words and editorial stance play a part in incidents like the one on Saturday morning. The drip feeding of racially motivated treatment only emboldens those who wish to express their abhorrent views.

And now Sterling comes out the other side smelling of roses and as a key part of one of the greatest ever Premier League teams. It isn’t bias to want him to succeed and rub those mucky tabloid noses in the dirt; it’s human nature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.