Highly critical article about Citys' owners

Here's the link:

Just looking at the ownership issue, I'd say he's pretty accurate and have said as much on here previously. Sheikh Mansour is the legal, nominal owner but this is an Abu Dhabi project. The clue (and the level of importance to Abu Dhabi) is in the fact that Khaldoon & Simon Pearce are heavily involved. Both are key advisers to Sheikh Mohammed & almost certainly carry more weight than Sheikh Mansour in the overall scheme of things.

As to the rest of it, I never understand why we try to project the same values we have developed over many hundreds of years and many social upheavals onto societies that have never shared or experienced those values and that have a completely different social & political tradition. How the ruling families of the UAE run their states is their business and, while we may have concerns or views, as long as they run the club well then we can have no significant complaints.

Why do these articles always talk about City? Almost all of the big clubs take money from the Emirates in one form or another.

I honestly couldn’t give a toss. There’s plenty of prem teams that have links to countries with human right issues and countless of teams across Europe. Funny how this is timed, you wouldn’t think were battering everyone in sight at the minute.

The thick **** goes on to ignore the net profit from the last three years by comparing it to the previous five years of loss then actually adds in the cost of buying the club to work out a ‘net loss of £850m’ which is fine except it isn’t. If he adds in the cost of buying the club then he has to make mention of the fact Mansour still holds the club as an asset valued at £2bn.

So that’s a net capital gain of £1.15bn. Not too shabby and I’ll go out on a limb and say it’s probabky more than the bleeding heart humans rights journalist has made in the last decade.

I’ve stopped reading there as he’s obviously fucking clueless.

Here's the link:

Just looking at the ownership issue, I'd say he's pretty accurate and have said as much on here previously. Sheikh Mansour is the legal, nominal owner but this is an Abu Dhabi project. The clue (and the level of importance to Abu Dhabi) is in the fact that Khaldoon & Simon Pearce are heavily involved. Both are key advisers to Sheikh Mohammed & almost certainly carry more weight than Sheikh Mansour in the overall scheme of things.

As to the rest of it, I never understand why we try to project the same values we have developed over many hundreds of years and many social upheavals onto societies that have never shared or experienced those values and that have a completely different social & political tradition. How the ruling families of the UAE run their states is their business and, while we may have concerns or views, as long as they run the club well then we can have no significant complaints.

If we only did business with those who shared our values, we'd all have to live off New Zealand lamb and very little else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.