Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

About time! But it was a big game, often the atmosphere takes care of itself in the big games.

But there were still MANY people sat around emotionless and expressionless to what was going on on the pitch! In a game like that..?

But the test is; will it be a good atmosphere against Bournemouth? Mid table side, we’d expect to win. Will everyone who was up for it yesterday who isn’t normally wind back down with the emotionless and expressionless lot like normal?

Yesterday's atmosphere was nowt special. I think that’s what every game should be like and then the big games EVERYONE should be up for it. I bet we’re still only at about 33% of the crowd who bother even in the big games.

it does my head in that. I honestly think some people that go to matches are robots. when we play amazing football or someone puts in a great tackle, theres lots of people just sat there emotionless. i dont know who people can't react, cheer or move when something happens. even when theres corners now you dont hear come on city as much or as loud.

we need everyone in the south stand ( singing section) singing, that would improve the atmosphere immensely. it doesnt happen though, other then in 115 in the other blocks theres just nothing. i dont understand it. a few years ago way more people sang in the south stand.

it does my head in that. I honestly think some people that go to matches are robots. when we play amazing football or someone puts in a great tackle, theres lots of people just sat there emotionless. i dont know who people can't react, cheer or move when something happens. even when theres corners now you dont hear come on city as much or as loud.

we need everyone in the south stand ( singing section) singing, that would improve the atmosphere immensely. it doesnt happen though, other then in 115 in the other blocks theres just nothing. i dont understand it. a few years ago way more people sang in the south stand.
They did, and more people sang in 110/111 than currently sing in the South Stand.

It’s all very odd at our ground. I just don’t get it.

I try and get tickets when I can travel down from Scotland, usually for the south stand to get involved with the singing. Recently I've noticed limited tickets available for all areas in the stadium online, but when it gets to match day, multiple empty seats all over the place. Not really sure if much can be done about this but it seems people are snapping up tickets at the start of the season when they release all the home games

They did, and more people sang in 110/111 than currently sing in the South Stand.

It’s all very odd at our ground. I just don’t get it.

i agree it doesnt make any sense. the corner bit you mentioned used to be great. its as if everyone in there has stopped singing or they have all just stopped going. where are the singers in 110/111 from a few year ago ?

whats clear is that plenty of people want it to change and do something about it. the club need to listen and we need to try and sort it out now. it should be amazing with the football we are playing. id make this thread a sticky and have it as a 'how to improve the atmosphere thread'. it might not help, but at least it gets discussed regularly.

the club need to listen and we need to try and sort it out now.
I'm sure there is other stuff the club could do, but when we extended they provided the singing blocks 1894 wanted, and I'm sure somebody from 1894 posted in this thread when they get given singing areas for cup games they get 750 seats but only get about 500 fans applying for them, apologies if I've got this wrong. So maybe the club can do more but in the end it's down to the fans.

I'm sure there is other stuff the club could do, but when we extended they provided the singing blocks 1894 wanted, and I'm sure somebody from 1894 posted in this thread when they get given singing areas for cup games they get 750 seats but only get about 500 fans applying for them, apologies if I've got this wrong. So maybe the club can do more but in the end it's down to the fans.

i agree mate, it is down to the fans at the end of the day. i meant more in terms of looking forward. for instance when we expand the ground - can we create a proper home end, ticket prices, those kind of things. even just the match day experience with the music they play before the game. i think all those things could help and the club should be doing everything they can to aid in that. ( 115 was a great start to that )

the two main issues for me though are lack of a proper home end and not enough young people in the ground. only the club can sort that out.

i agree mate, it is down to the fans at the end of the day. i meant more in terms of looking forward. for instance when we expand the ground - can we create a proper home end, ticket prices, those kind of things. even just the match day experience with the music they play before the game. i think all those things could help and the club should be doing everything they can to aid in that. ( 115 was a great start to that )

the two main issues for me though are lack of a proper home end and not enough young people in the ground. only the club can sort that out.
Maybe but we can't even start to talk about those things until any announcement about North Stand expansion. So until then it's up to the fans, I wasn't there on Saturday but sounds like it was much better maybe a reaction to Pep I don't know but it shows it can be better without any changes.

They should segment the ticket prices so that it's significantly lower for people of the greater manchester area. Make ticket prices higher, but put in a 75% reduction for people from Manchester so its fairly cheap for them, add a loyalty reduction perhaps, and reserve a certain section of the seats for high paying fans from abroad. Just leverage one with the other, because i'm sure you can charge fans from abroad higher, whereas perhaps you should charge local fans less.

The way i see it youre going to have local fans with much less spending power, and people comming from abroad who already have the spending power for traveling and paying hotel who will mind less about the price the more as its more per occasion than on a weekly basis. Besides that, the local support base is more the kind that has been loyal to the club likely for decade's, while the outside fan comes more with city's succes and attraction of foreign stars. I recognise that city's history is kinda special, with a very sudden rise in stature due to outside investment, there deffinatly seems a devide with fans before and after Mansour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.