Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I think we will get 2 1/2 more seasons and then he will take on the England job after another flop at Euro 2020.
He's already said he fancies a try at international football and if the current political climate remains unsure in Spain it seems unlikely he will get that job with his views.
Imagine the clamour in the British press if we have the success that looks increasingly likely in the next couple of seasons.
If i was him it's a job i would avoid like the plague but if anyone can make England successful its Pep.
Not England, he would need too much time working with players. If it's an international job it needs to be with players that at least stand a chance of playing his way. I reckon Germany would suit him but don't know if they would go for a non German coach.

I think we will get 2 1/2 more seasons and then he will take on the England job after another flop at Euro 2020.
He's already said he fancies a try at international football and if the current political climate remains unsure in Spain it seems unlikely he will get that job with his views.
Imagine the clamour in the British press if we have the success that looks increasingly likely in the next couple of seasons.
If i was him it's a job i would avoid like the plague but if anyone can make England successful its Pep.
He thinks Kev is good, wait til he gets his hands on Livermore.

The club must have bought those dodgy pics of Pep that Kolarov clearly had last season.

By hook or by crook, get him signed up.

@Maldeika what do you think?

As told before - he thought that the fourth year at Barcelona was too much as his influence and effect on the players diminished. He said that either most players would have had to be changed or the coach. At Bayern you had the feeling at the end of that 3 years that the players were "sucked out". That is why I thought that even if I loved the way he let us play etc. at the end I thought it was the right time. Just that Ancelotti was the wrong choice as successor.

I do not think he is that interested in titles - he is more interested into the style of play - more into getting the players onto top level and playing like he wants them to play.

I do not see him as City's Ferguson - but it could be that he makes it four and not just 3. But what do I know. We will see it.

The school for the kids - I doubt that this is important. All big cities have excellent international schools.

As told before - he thought that the fourth year at Barcelona was too much as his influence and effect on the players diminished. He said that either most players would have had to be changed or the coach. At Bayern you had the feeling at the end of that 3 years that the players were "sucked out". That is why I thought that even if I loved the way he let us play etc. at the end I thought it was the right time. Just that Ancelotti was the wrong choice as successor.

I do not think he is that interested in titles - he is more interested into the style of play - more into getting the players onto top level and playing like he wants them to play.

I do not see him as City's Ferguson - but it could be that he makes it four and not just 3. But what do I know. We will see it.

The school for the kids - I doubt that this is important. All big cities have excellent international schools.
Fair enough that, I actually agree with you about players being burnt out by the intensity of style, although with the age of a lot of our team (both very young and very old) I think he'd have the right circumstances here to succeed over a 6 or 7 year period. The hard part is picking a replacement :)

Khaldoon and Soriano invited a few selected members into the Tunnel Club before the game on Saturday.

They have received enough to suggest it will be closer to a decade than three years.

There is also great news coming on KDB and Jesus.

Pep and his staff don't believe there is anything else out there for them for the foreseeable future.

Great, Tolmie

Now Jesus & Pep turn...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.