Antoine Griezmann

sorry, that shit isn't allowed. Blackface is a big NO. Similar to the N-word, you just can't go there.

You see this is the problem. Who says it "isn't allowed" ? Who says "You just can't go there" ? If someone wants to show themselves as ignorant or as a bigot or as "offensive", why shouldn't they ?

Cultural appropriation is a blight on our society the worst I’ve seen was when a white girl dressed as Moana, I was shocked to the core

No some people do find it offensive here too but that was my point(not everyone has the same view on it, only one side seems to be aware of this though), not even all black people are offended by it and just because someone's offended by something it doesn't automatically become racist.

Also as an aside(not just this topic but a trend in the social media era) do we live in a world now were people go through life expecting never to get offended? Do some really believe anything that offends them regardless of anyone else's view should be outlawed?

No I think the exact opposite. In the social media age, people love to see this and claim outrage and retweet or comment on it like they are some great bastions of morality and speaker for the masses. They actually want to claim they are offended.

They love being offended and jumping on the latest bandwagon it’s part of the modern age. Somebody makes a mistake or an ill thought out joke/costume and everyone wants that person hung drawn and quartered.

The idea of people claiming they are wildly offended by a photo on the internet many miles away is a reflection of the modern age.

Does anyone seriously think Griezmann did this to offend people. He did it for a joke. A badly thought out joke in this modern world.

But where you go he posted the photo and fed the masses to show how outraged and empathetic they are of others plight.

To give an example of this I note i’m With stupid has not posted on the racist attack on sterling thread, whereas the person he is arguing with, metalmartin has.

It would seem he is more outraged and offended by a silly I’ll thought out costume choice than an actual racist attack that happened at the weekend

Last edited:
No I think the exact opposite. In the social media age, people love to see this and claim outrage and retweet or comment on it like they are some great bastions of morality and speaker for the masses. They actually want to claim they are offended.

They love being offended and jumping on the latest bandwagon it’s part of the modern age. Somebody makes a mistake or an ill thought out joke/costume and everyone wants that person hung drawn and quartered.

The idea of people claiming they are wildly offended by a photo on the internet many miles away is a reflection of the modern age.

Does anyone seriously think Griezmann did this to offend people. He did it for a joke. A badly thought out joke in this modern world.

But where you go he posted the photo and fed the masses to show how outraged and empathetic they are of others plight.

To give an example of this I note i’m With stupid has not posted on the racist attack on sterling thread, whereas the person he is arguing with, metalmartin has.

It would seem he is more outraged and offended by a silly I’ll thought out costume choice than an actual racist attack that happened at the weekend

Spot on mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.