Last Film You Saw

I watched Halloween the other night as a trip down memory road.

What the fuck was I thinking back then, when I thought it was quite good.

Absolute and utter crap. Ham acting, a script too ridiculous to go into.

Awful

Were you expecting it to be a Pleasence surprise?

Mother!

I quite liked it, but all the biblical symbolism/references went over my head, only after I read the trivia, I kinda understood. I took a more general 'life is a problem' message from it. No shortage or let up of mind-fucking heart-string-tugging shit happening on planet Earth:

The following statement by Darren Aronofsky was released a week before the premiere:
"It is a mad time to be alive. As the world population nears 8 billion we face issues too serious to fathom: ecosystems collapse as we witness extinction at an unprecedented rate; migrant crises disrupt governments; a seemingly schizophrenic US helps broker a landmark climate treaty and months later withdraws; ancient tribal disputes and beliefs continue to drive war and division; the largest iceberg ever recorded breaks off an Antarctic ice shelf and drifts out to sea. At the same time we face issues too ridiculous to comprehend: in South America, tourists twice kill rare baby dolphins that washed ashore, suffocating them in a frenzy of selfies; politics resembles sporting events; people still starve to death while others can order any meat they desire. As a species our footprint is perilously unsustainable yet we live in a state of denial about the outlook for our planet and our place on it. From this primordial soup of angst and helplessness, I woke up one morning and this movie poured out of me like a fever dream. All of my previous films gestated with me for many years but I wrote the first draft of Mother! (2017) in 5 days. Within a year we were rolling cameras. And now two years later, it is an honor to return to the Lido for the world premiere. I imagine people may ask why the film has such a dark vision. Hubert Selby Jr., the author of Requiem for a Dream (2000), taught me that through staring into the darkest parts of ourselves is where we find the light. "Mother!" begins as a chamber story about a marriage. At the center is a woman who is asked to give and give and give until she can give nothing more. Eventually, the chamber story can't contain the pressure boiling inside. It becomes something else which is hard to explain or describe. I can't fully pinpoint where this film all came from. Some came from the headlines we face every second of every day, some came from the endless buzzing of notifications on our smartphones, some came from living through the blackout of Hurricane Sandy in downtown Manhattan, some came from my heart, some from my gut. Collectively it's a recipe I won't ever be able to reproduce, but I do know this serving is best drunk as a single dose in a shot glass. Knock it back. Salute!" [Aug. 2017]

I absolutely loved the first one this looks great
I think I'm the only person in the world who thought the first one was a bit of a let down. It was ok, but the hype around it made me think it would be amazing. Maybe I'm missing something, I even watched it again because I was getting grief off my mates for saying it was a bit shit. I just found it a bit boring.The trailer for the sequel looks good tho so fingers crossed

I think I'm the only person in the world who thought the first one was a bit of a let down. It was ok, but the hype around it made me think it would be amazing. Maybe I'm missing something, I even watched it again because I was getting grief off my mates for saying it was a bit shit. I just found it a bit boring.The trailer for the sequel looks good tho so fingers crossed
The first one was alright but the idea she never clicked on to why she was there i find a stretch. Someone in that job would have a rough idea almost straight away why they were tasked like that surely? More of that moral story line was indeed padding to many people to probably.

You could have got two films simply from editing the current footage in Sicario, the oscar considered edit (the one we saw) or one with all her fretting essentially cut out (for the lads).

It is a good film, but like you say it does have slow parts that knit in for some and not others, i am still on the fence tbh.

Arnie's new film looks pretty funny tbf...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.