york away to this!

Its my claim to fame that im one of the few city fans that wern’t at york!! tho i was on the 10-1 on a half empty kippax, & the charlton 5-1 on a rather full kippax ;)

I never made it - I was on the M6 near the border with Scotland wondering where I'd missed the turning for York. But I could hear the mighty roar from the 487,001 who were there when the teams came out. And I heard the massive groan at just gone 4.50. So don't believe those rag revisionists who say there were no more than 200,000there.

Coaches? Pfft.

My mates and I marched over the Pennines. It took us two days. Pwoper supporters, we were.

Luxury! we had to crawl along the drawing-pin strewn trans-pennine route for a week and a half wearing nowt but a pair of sandpaper underpants balancing a grand piano on't'th' noggin. Clearly we had to leave with ten minutes to go to beat the traffic on the long crawl back.

Luxury! we had to crawl along the drawing-pin strewn trans-pennine route for a week and a half wearing nowt but a pair of sandpaper underpants balancing a grand piano on't'th' noggin. Clearly we had to leave with ten minutes to go to beat the traffic on the long crawl back.

Ah, so that was you? But surely you remember that we threw you a stale Greggs pie crust as we went past? And not a word of thanks did we get for our generosity.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.