Last Film You Saw

It's based on a kids book (and series) by Philip Reeve. Actually pretty decent read for whatever age. Post-apocalyptic story where cities are now movable and have to eat other smaller craft to strip for energy so they can keep moving.

Ah right never come across those books might give them read.

The first one was alright but the idea she never clicked on to why she was there i find a stretch. Someone in that job would have a rough idea almost straight away why they were tasked like that surely? More of that moral story line was indeed padding to many people to probably.

You could have got two films simply from editing the current footage in Sicario, the oscar considered edit (the one we saw) or one with all her fretting essentially cut out (for the lads).

It is a good film, but like you say it does have slow parts that knit in for some and not others, i am still on the fence tbh.

Arnie's new film looks pretty funny tbf...

That Annie films been out ages mate, I gave it 20 mins but I couldn’t get into it

Dunkirk

Huge disappointment.

Thank god it wasn't just me. It was good, a worthy film. I can see it as a solid 8/10. But what the hell was going on with the timeline? Very distracting, undid what tension there was. Tom Hardy's spitfire must have been gliding for about 20 minutes.

Watched Dirty Harry last night. Cracking film, even if it is looking a little dated. Clint at his best.

Mayor: Callahan... I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore district. You understand? That's my policy.

Callahan: Yeah, well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard - that's my policy.

Mayor: Intent? How'd you establish that?

Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through a dark alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

Mayor: I think he's got a point.

Thank god it wasn't just me. It was good, a worthy film. I can see it as a solid 8/10. But what the hell was going on with the timeline? Very distracting, undid what tension there was. Tom Hardy's spitfire must have been gliding for about 20 minutes.
You're more generous than me. I'd give it a 6. Never got going. Cinematography was good, but as a war film it was very poor...with no particular drama. I'm pretty sure Dunkirk (the event) had some better stories to be told.

The Foreigner

Surprisingly enjoyed it, I wasn't really expecting anything except for generic action but this is probably the most serious role Jackie Chan has ever done and he was really good at it... Pierce Brosnan was also pretty good in it as well, and I've not seen him do anything worthy of noticing for some years now.

7/10

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.