January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really need to be giving Tosin more game time or how can he be expected to get to that next level?

I think Tosin would be sent on loan to help him get decent experience in a PL side, if we secure a CB. May be wrong though.

I've always liked him.drom his days with Celtics. He is big tall fast strong and Athletic. And he can pass comfortably.

If you can't see how that skillset could excel in a Pep system, then Ok.

But I think most, including Pep, can.

Personally my only problem with him is his price tag. Anything of 50 million is a rip-off.

In my humble and clueless opinion :-)

It's not the skill set that bothers me, it's the "I can't really be arsed doing my job properly because I'm still playing for Southampton and not Liverpoo" that does.

Do you mean he doesn't do anything apart from defend?
Nah. He does everything well. He just does it with what seems a sluggish and lackadaisical demeanor.

I can't explain it. For the longest time thought he was slow until I saw him Pace Demaray Grey on one occasion and quick step beat Delph on another.

He is very athletic. This is often hidden by his laxed attitude and facial expressions

Nah. He does everything well. He just does it with what seems a sluggish and lackadaisical demeanor.

I can't explain it. For the longest time thought he was slow until I saw him Pace Demaray Grey on one occasion and quick step beat Delph on another.

He is very athletic. This is often hidden by his laxed attitude and facial expressions
OK, you mean he's cool under pressure & is deceptively quick & can defend when needed?

What's not to like? :-)

I think Tosin would be sent on loan to help him get decent experience in a PL side, if we secure a CB. May be wrong though.
Tosin if we can get him out on loan to a team in Spain then we might be onto something. The Girona link up and Tosin going there playing in the Spainish league for say 18 months would do him the world of good long term. More so than a club in England now. Most clubs in England now have the money to buy in players so he would be lucky to be going to a newly promoted team on loan or a championship team.

I don't know the player and I'm sure he's decent.
But as a wider point, if we're competing with sides like Everton for a signing we're looking too low.
We're above that and need to show that with who we sign.
Any signing, whether in Jan or Summer, needs to improve the first XI, not for squad depth, we have that already

I'm glad we aren't going for another LB. I like the differing skillsets of Mendy/Delph to give Pep two different options and I also feel Delph deserves to be at least second choice with how he is playing just now.

This, 100%. I like the fact that Mendy and Delph bring different things. Not really sold on Mendy yet, looked good going forward but seems suspect at the back. Feel like we would have leaked a lot more with him playing left-back, but then again, we could have scored alot more too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.