Otamendi Signs New Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff, gets loads of shit from know-nowts but he's been brilliant this season especially.

Pep has stopped him going to ground and he's certainly made a CH spot his own.

Delph is a good shout but for me Otamendi has not only improved the defensive side (ie: fewer ridiculous sliding lunges) he's been pinging balls all over the pitch, breaking lines, and has developed a creative side to his game that I wouldn't have guessed was possible for him.

Are you serious ?

Delph is playing a whole new position and playing it that well he looks like England's best left back, how can that even be beaten for improvement, man and I hated Delph getting game time ahead of the kids lol

Again Otamendi is playing for us now like he was playing in Spain, he was renowned for being a cool defender that could take the ball off attackers with ease, none of those lunging tackles, he seemed to develop them over here, I am only guessing that Pellegrini who liked front foot defenders was instrumental in making him lunge in to beat his man before the ball arrived and let's be honest the same applies to our captain VK, he never used to lunge in like this before Pellers arrival, so there may well be hope for Mangala yet as well :)

btw I am not knocking Otamendi's improvement either, glad he is showing us what he is capable of at last :)

Fully deserved. It's an amazing transformation in him this season. Now, I have no worries about him standing in for Vinnie. And, he's added goals to his game as well. At the right end too!

Are you serious ?

Delph is playing a whole new position and playing it that well he looks like England's best left back, how can that even be beaten for improvement, man and I hated Delph getting game time ahead of the kids lol

Again Otamendi is playing for us now like he was playing in Spain, he was renowned for being a cool defender that could take the ball off attackers with ease, none of those lunging tackles, he seemed to develop them over here, I am only guessing that Pellegrini who liked front foot defenders was instrumental in making him lunge in to beat his man before the ball arrived and let's be honest the same applies to our captain VK, he never used to lunge in like this before Pellers arrival, so there may well be hope for Mangala yet as well :)

btw I am not knocking Otamendi's improvement either, glad he is showing us what he is capable of at last :)

I didn't see much of him in Spain, so just going off of the Pellegrini year. Will have to take your word for it

Good news!

Mainly because i just like the guy.

Had good spells in previous seasons, but doing it consistently now. Chipping in with a few goals too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.