Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was poor for the first 20 minutes but I felt sorry for him in the end. He kept making runs but our defenders and midfielders ignored him, not sure why.

Disappointed game for Leroy.
He wasn't involved much, only had 34 touches.

If Pep wants to bench him, then Diaz is the best option since his style of play is similar to Leroy.

Would like to seem him get a few more shots on goal against the ultra defensive teams. He's got a great strike on him, but we don't see it that often.

Perhaps he'll have more freedom to do that once Mendy is back, at the moment I suppose Sane needs to hold the width a bit more to stretch teams (can see how much freedom Sterling has to attack the box knowing Walker can provide so much width), if he cuts into shooting positions too often it'll condense everything even more.

He will be back to his deadly marauding best when Mendy returns but in the meantime I'm sure he'll be developing all the other areas of his game

Would like to seem him get a few more shots on goal against the ultra defensive teams. He's got a great strike on him, but we don't see it that often.

Perhaps he'll have more freedom to do that once Mendy is back, at the moment I suppose Sane needs to hold the width a bit more to stretch teams (can see how much freedom Sterling has to attack the box knowing Walker can provide so much width), if he cuts into shooting positions too often it'll condense everything even more.

Mendy's return will surely mean less playing time for Sané, right? As Pep has said, with Mendy he would have fielded Kun with Gabriel more often.

Mendy's return will surely mean less playing time for Sané, right? As Pep has said, with Mendy he would have fielded Kun with Gabriel more often.
Not sure, I think it'll be about the same playing 3 from Aguero, Jesus, Sane and Sterling. I doubt we'll go back to 3 at the back with wing-backs given our success so far.

Cant see us going back to three at the back, why would you change a winning formula. Mendy and Sane in the same side could be a nightmare for right backs

Mendy's return would mean Sane can play more narrow. Sane and Mendy did play together briefly and we saw great link up play and a fantastic assist from Mendy to Sane, it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.