Sunday Supplement 17/18

Just listening to the podcast now.

I thought Harry Harris had an interesting point regarding the Spurs double winning team of the early sixties.

As someone whom watched every game he said, nobody came to park the bus back then. Everyone came to play,

Barclay alluded to a season - not sure if it was the double winning team - but a season in which Spurs beat United 5-1 and United beat Spurs 5-1.

This all comes down to Pep’s comment before the derby of him being suprised at how defensive English football is.

One of the best books ive ever read is by a guy called Pete Davies called One Night In Turin. He was given unlimited access to the England world cup team in 1990. Its brilliant but Davies also interviews the English press while in Italy. Harris and Curry amongst them. They admit it was just a six week piss up for them and they sensationalized every story about the team. Telling lies about players and even offering money to fans to start fights against locals just to get a story about hooligans. Instead of getting behind the team they would try to drag them down at every opportunity. Anyway cant remember who it was(it might of been Curry) but a jurno ran with the story that Robson had already signed a pre contract with PSV to be their new manager. Now this happened during the tournament and the FA asked the press not to report it but they did anyway which caused friction in the England camp. It got so toxic some players refused to talk to each other and any player who wasnt contracted to a paper refused to talk to the press. So when these dinosaurs talk about the good old days thats what they used to do

I remember well, the hatchet job Harry Harris did on Robson. I immediately stopped buying the mirror.
He is grade AAA.

He has the same bulbous whisky soaked face as bacon. Oh god what a dinosaur, just said he has his own chef sat at his nursing home. This fella is just utterly cringe worthy. Who thought it a good idea to bring this fella on.
Edited slightly for accuracy. The answer to the question at the end being his carer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.