Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this moment you are pretty much guaranteed a Premier League winners medal if you join us in Jan. I hope I don’t regret saying that. But no other team can offer that - Swansea maybe can offer Championship football.
ManUre were 'Guaranteed' the PL in 2011/12 & Liverpool in 2012/13. When it's mathematically impossible for anyone to catch us, then you can offer guarantees, but until then I'd rather we take this season one game at a time.

In the meantime, every team in the PL can still offer the PL title, no matter how unlikely. The more these threads progress, the more dismayed I am that many of us are forgetting who & what we were not so long ago.

I truly despair, because you're making us sound more & more like the Rags with every passing match. Have you not heard the messages from Pep?

Tevez left United to join City. Walker left Spurs to join City. Sterling left Liverpool to join City. By all accounts Sanchez is desperate to leave Arsenal to join City. Stones left Everton to join City. Anyone we've wanted to keep left to join a rival recently? I'm able to be objective when discussing City and there was a time when I'd have been happy to admit that we were way down the pecking order for potential signings. That simply isn't the case these days and for you to claim otherwise is bizarre
Who said we're down the pecking order? Can you please copy & paste where I've said this? And whilst you're at it, I'm still awaiting your proof where opposition fans have claimed we're the most attractive proposition? Your spurious claim, not mine.

Even though it's been a while since we missed out on a player we wanted I hope we don't start pretending we weren't in for him or that he isn't very good if and when he does decide to join Liverpool.
Judging by this & other threads, our slide toward Ragdom has well & truly begun. I despair mate...

Last edited:
What numbers?

Barcelona just can't afford Coutinho, so there's a very good chance he'll still be at Liverpool next September. And if they do then Liverpool will have Naby Keita, a player who isn't much worse but is much younger, and a £100m profit to spend on other players like defenders.

The arrogance to think no player would want to be at any other club except City reeks of raggish entitlement.
^^This^^

What the fuck are we becoming?? I just hope opposition fans are still too busy digesting their Xmas turkey to be reading this thread.

We're slowly becoming everything we hated about ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea.

Yes we're an appealing prospect for any player, but we're not the only appealing prospect by a long chalk. Not least because we can only have a squad of 25 players.

What the fuck are we becoming?? I just hope opposition fans are still to busy digesting their Xmas turkey to be reading this thread.
I hope they're all reading it, it's time to give them their raffle numbers - 12,13,17,18,21. These numbers may be subject to change, confirmation at around 9:45pm today.

Soooo VVD then?
Would he make our first 11 better? When Kompany an Stones are out definitely.
Would he be a replacement for Kompany or Mangala next year? Almost certainly and a good one at that.
Is Peps long term plan to go with a back 3 (Otters, VVD, Stones) if we have the players for it and does VVD give us that option? I think it does but Pep will vary according to the opposition imo so he's another string to a not already impressive bow and gives any rotation in 4-4-2 a less negative effect.
Would we pay 70 million? Difficult to say, i thought we'd pulled out of the running last summer because of that valuation.
Would he want to come? Can't be certain due to previous preference for dipper-hood but if thats not the case who wouldn't want to be coached by Pep (apart from Big nose obv)?
Will Southampton sell? After initially training on his own and not getting in the squad at the beginning of the season. He's been off the pace and left out of the squad again last round of games. His previous performance was poor. Its a no brainer to cash in but they took a stance in summer which I agreed with but now its like cutting your nose off to spite your face. Surely it would suit all parties to let him go at the right price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.