Wilfried Zaha

Yep, very good player and think United were a bit hasty getting rid. Don’t think he’s for us though.

Would be good rotating with Sane and Sterling, but that's just not where we need to strengthen right now.

Reckon he'll end up at Arsenal.

My fear is if one or both of Sane & Sterling get injured, what then as we have no like for like replacements.

Think we'd just play three at the back with Mendy and Walker wing-backs. At least until Sanchez arrives.

Patrick Roberts was totally ineffective in pre-season & Diaz has years ahead of him to prove himself. Zaha is proving himself now & is still only 24 years old.

For the right price, he's more than worth a punt imo & it doesn't surprise me if Pep has indeed had a good, long look at his potential in our squad.

Players are not judged during pre-season only, Roberts have done great in Scotland ( Like Virgil ) and if you undermine his achievement there then you can look at his performance in the Champions League against City and other good teams.

I know he made a bad decision to return to Celtic, but all of us could make a bad choices in our life.
I think it will be a big mistake to write him off.

Players are not judged during pre-season only, Roberts have done great in Scotland ( Like Virgil ) and if you undermine his achievement there then you can look at his performance in the Champions League against City and other good teams.

I know he made a bad decision to return to Celtic, but all of us could make a bad choices in our life.
I think it will be a big mistake to write him off.
I trust in Pep's judgement. They will have seen enough during his time at Celtic & his pre-season to make the decision to send him out on loan again. Celtic has Boyata, Sinclair, Ntcham & had Kolo & Denayer, so I suppose they're also good enough for City now yeh?

Is Roberts still playing for England? Are major clubs chasing his signature? Well if they are, I've obviously missed it. Battering Abroath doesn't mean you can step into the Prem & replicate that form against Bournemouth, Huddersfield or Brighton, hence after looking at him during pre-season, we sent him back on loan, but he insisted on going back to the dominant Celtic against City's wishes.

What's the betting he's at best sent on loan again next summer or sold?

Surely if it's here and now Sanchez is the guy proven and can play several positions
I would be worried about forcing Sane and Sterling out I do like Zaha though but don't see how we fit all 3 in
We fit them in with rotation. I don't get why we shit ourselves about player burn out, but worry about players having competition & cover for their places.

I'm more bothered about City than players not understanding they can't remain at their playing optimum after flogging themselves giving their all every 3-4 days.

My my Wilf certainly polarises opinion doesn't he?
Personally if he's available and wants to come i'd have him. He would benefit from Peps coaching which almost certainly would make him a better player. I think he's one of the finest dribblers in the League in his position. Full backs are terrified of him when he's running at them. We'll get a close up real soon. Yes he loses the ball because dribbling itself is a high risk option, but worth the rewards if done in the right area (the box). Not so certain theres any truth in the rumours though. Interesting discussing the option.

My my Wilf certainly polarises opinion doesn't he?
Personally if he's available and wants to come i'd have him. He would benefit from Peps coaching which almost certainly would make him a better player. I think he's one of the finest dribblers in the League in his position. Full backs are terrified of him when he's running at them. We'll get a close up real soon. Yes he loses the ball because dribbling itself is a high risk option, but worth the rewards if done in the right area (the box). Not so certain theres any truth in the rumours though. Interesting discussing the option.

He’s certainly a vastly improved player to the one who failed at the Swamp 4 years ago. I live in South London and all my Palace supporting mates at work tell me he’s in superb form. I’d buy him quite happily in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.