Newcastle post match thread

even though it seemed the obvious thing to do, don't think any other manager in the world would put on a striker for the injured CB 10 mins into the game. Love Pep.

I don't think we took the game for granted in the second half, just expected them to come out a bit more but they refused to until last 10 minutes. Think we did the right thing in not overextending for the second goal having missed a bunch of chances.

Sterling and Bernardo workrate to win the ball back phenomenal. Aguero missed his opportunities but had a good all round game. Otamendi MOTM.

It’s the same week after week. Teams playing 5-4-1 formation. Tough game, we really must do better with our finishing. The amount of chances we create is great, but means fcuk all if we don’t put them away. Apart from the save from Kuns header, we were not clinical enough.
Looks like that’s the end of Vinny. Shame really.
Ferni did well there, but we need him in midfield. We will be facing this type of tactic every game now and you can’t blame them. We just need to find a way through it and be more clinical.

His hold up play was pretty good and some of the balls in to him were pinged.
I thought he played fairly well and helped our overall play nicely.

Why people are singling him out (especially after Aguero was well below his lofty standards) boggles the mind.

well done lads

i think KDB is getting the majority of the plaudits - and in a way thats good for sterling, the pressure is of him a bit. its not about his goal scoring record - its about when he has scored them. Sterling must have won you lads a lot of points. he is becoming quietly very important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.