Newcastle post match thread

I very rarely find myself criticising the manager, but I thought he got his decision at 11 minutes wrong.

Obviously I understand why he went for the attacking change, Newcastle were a joke with the way they didn't want to play, right from the kick-off, but I felt the change really unbalanced us and we were creating plenty of chances before anyway, it wasn't like previous games when we were struggling to get any chances at all because of a packed defence.

Pushing Fernandinho back into defence left a big chasm in midfield which KDB and Gundogan had to keep dropping back to fill when we played out from the back, and Jesus and Aguero didn't very comfortable with it.

Despite all that it was simply the players' poor finishing that let this game go to 90 minutes in the end,

I also thought we really missed Sané, the Sterling LW/Bernardo RW didn't stretch the pitch that well and slowed us down as they both kept checkin inside -but it's important to get people rested over this period.

Also thought Walker had a sloppy game, but at the end of the day, 18th win in a row, another clean sheet, these aren't serious complaints.
Could have been four but for the post and a goal wrongly disallowed for offside on Kun.

Pep got it very right.

Probably in a for a few more games like that if we don't get more clinical. Presumably Benitez's plan was to stay in the game until the last 10 and then get more adventurous but for long periods it was a snooze fest. Otamendi and Sterling much the best of the outfield players. Others were very sloppy and lost concentration. Bernardo still not imposing himself anything like enough and Jesus can't stop running offside. Not sure the clock isn't ticking down on Kompany and it's now better to start Mangala until Stones is ready to return.

Aguero has realy got to start putting his chances away. 5 missed today.
All in all just a bit bloody slack.
Bernardo still not quite up to the pace of the Prem - He faded badly after 70 mins.
Must have Fernandinho as DM.
Gundogan wasteful going for shots when passing options were better.

He did score and was wrongly flagged offside.

Worst display (in the league) of the season for me. Slow, sloppy, complacent and dreadful finishing. 2nd half was purgatory. Glad to have gotten away with it. MotM either Otters or Raheem. Poor from Jesus, Sergio, Bernardo, Gunders and Walker

Jesus effin wept, some of you lot have got very short memories. Purgotary was watching Stuart Pearce’s apology for football, and the shite that came after franny Lee took over.

Sure not the best, but it’ll do. Previous seasons we’d of lost that tonight.

Scary thing is, the foaming at the mouth for us to drop points would of seen the press praise Newcastle if that had worked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.