Newcastle post match thread

Still maintain we look utter pants in midfield with Gundogan in there, he is just not up to scratch here. Spent the entire game static and against a parked bus you simply cannot do that. It suffocated us. Walker looked shaky and Kun had a nightmare with Jesus non-existent.

All that being said, as a unit it's job done. 15 points is huge and I cannot see anyone lessening that between now and us playing the dippers.

If it was still the days of one substitution you couldn't afford to start Kompany.

Jesus effin wept, some of you lot have got very short memories. Purgotary was watching Stuart Pearce’s apology for football, and the shite that came after franny Lee took over.

Sure not the best, but it’ll do. Previous seasons we’d of lost that tonight.

Imo we didn't even play bad, the way Newcastle played made it look that way. However we were wasteful with our chances tonight and it could be cost us. I think palace will actually give it a go against us next game which will suit us. Up the blues!

...he was better because he missed five very good chances and kept giving away the ball late on?

I am not having a go at Kun—we all have off days—but he wasn’t any better than a Jesus. If anything he was more disappointing.

Just because Jesus wasn’t found in the promising positions he put himself is not an indication he was poor.

Missed five good chances? Jesus was in good positions but we didn't find him?

Haha okay fella carry on

DSFW2fcX4AAmsvC.jpg:small

I expect United will drop more points to Everton, Burnley and Spurs before the end of January, and with that, they'll drop to 4th, which is where they should be.

Win on Sunday and we would have finished 7th and qualified for Europe with our points already last season! Before January. That is amazing. Probably another record.

Amazing composure from Stirling for the goal. Great goal line clearance from Oats. Zorro did well when he came on. Love to Vincent.

it was

I don't get the pundits saying it was lucky - he set up KDB to make the assit , made the run and toed it in with perfect direction stretching to get to it - no luck at all, just speed and enthusiasm.

Second half was piss poor,mostly down to Newcastle having 11 behind the ball but not helped by us not taking our chances first half and slight bit of complacency second half,hope to see silva back on Sunday as the tempo was a bit slower as well,but a wins a win and we are 15 points clear and I hope we continue to spread eagle the league with win after win..

Manchester City moved 15 points clear at the top of the Premier League as Raheem Sterling scored the only goal in a dominant display away at Newcastle.

The England winger poked home from Kevin de Bruyne's lobbed pass after Sergio Aguero had twice hit the woodwork in the opening half hour.

Rolando Aarons saw a shot cleared off the line by Nicolas Otamendi in a rare Newcastle raid forward before the break, but City should have been well clear after De Bruyne thumped the post and then side-footed wide in the second half.

The hosts showed more ambition late on and Christian Atsu teed up fellow substitute Dwight Gayle to head wide in the final five minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.