Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don’t understand is why he never breaks down in training or in the warm up

Surely he puts himself through match situations when he’s not playing in a match

You can't simulate match intensity in training or warm ups. In nearly every sport worldwide, most injuries occur during matches.

Thanks for everything Mr Kompany, you’ve been one of the best but time and the stress of injuries have caught up with you, I’m afraid that’s all in your city career as a player

I was surprised he started to be honest he's nowhere near ready for 2 games a week. Luckily Stones is almost ready to come back although Mangala has been playing well anyway.

in spite of his injuries we cant forget what a magnificent servant he has been for this football club. He's been a rock at the back season after season and has been central to the club's success.Such a shame to see his career peter out like this

You can't simulate match intensity in training or warm ups. In nearly every sport worldwide, most injuries occur during matches.

Yeah appreciate that pal, but surely with his record the coaching staff and medical team try to push him as hard as possible to situations that are as close as possible to what he’ll have to go through in matches

I do think it was irresponsible of the club to start him tonight. This was a disaster waiting to happen, he should be playing 1 game a week and no more....

Pep on Kompany's injury: "I don’t know. Unfortunately he’s injured again. Like in the last three years and we'll have to see how long it is."

Jesus over-react much?

He gestured to give him a few minutes to run it off.

Ten minutes in Pep decided there was no benefit to having two CB's on the field and took him off.

It was as much tactical as anything.

BUT..I will say Vinnie has done himself no favours tonight and Pep must be fed up with the constant babysitting of him. Stones will be back next week and Mangala and Tosin are growing in the system. Injury or no injury I think tonight was the start of Vinny being surplus.

Jesus deluded much?

He's gone, has been gone for years and I am just surprised we didn't get a back up in the summer. He's already down the pecking order to Stones and Otamendi and if we have either of them out we simply cannot rely on Kompany. It's never just a knock either he's out for weeks/months at a time, every time whilst hearing for weeks how he is close to coming back. He's a yard slower when playing too. Sorry Vinnie do the honourable thing and call it a day.

He should probably hang up his boots after the World Cup, if he makes it there.

City legend, but he's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.