Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had paid £75 million for a 29 year old defender, we would (rightly in my opinion) be vilified in the press. This is £21 million more than our record signing. Let's sit back and watch the media demolish Liverpool....... I have a feeling we'll be waiting a while.
Exactly !

I think he 's solid, not a world beater by any means. He'll have his work cut out playing under Klopp's system and will come under a lot of pressure in that defence with their ordinary keeper. If they think he's the answer to their prayers they're dreaming.

We will find just as good a CB in time who Pep will mould into an even better player.

I’d offer you Otamendi and Stones as prime examples of what Pep and staff can do with players who were not yet hitting potential in previous years.

Many on here (myself included) felt Otamendi was much too quick to leave his feet for ill timed and reckless challenges. Look at him now. He’s been incredible and has bagged the odd goal or two. Stones has improved immensely since last year and really grown into the the team.

How many games would VVD get? Hard to justify that price tag for a guy not guaranteed to start.

Fuck me that is ridiculous money. Glad we swerved him if that is what Southampton were asking.

So there we have it, City aren't the only club who are a major draw. To those who sullied us with days of Raggish comments about no player being unable to turn us down cos we're City, you now have your answer.

Cue all the 'We didn't want him anyway' & 'He's shit & hasn't got a big club mentality' bullshit comments.

Hopefully missing out on a top quality target & our dreary 0-1 win tonight will bring a semblance of grounded reality to the psuedo-Ragish amongst us.

No more excuses for Liverpool when they are spending 75 mil on a cb who isn't even 100% fit.

That's 'oil money ruining football' level spending.

Interesting to see if Klopp can make it work. They have a decent mid coming next season, if they sign a keeper they have a better side on paper, than Utd.

Which should be a worry for Utd.

Not according to Gary Neville, he said when City paid 50m for Walker they inflated the market and now as a result of that VVD cost 75m.

Ohh yes it’s Liverpool, always the victim.
In that case, we could say Luke Shaw inflated the market , which made us pay 50m for Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.