Newcastle post match thread

I thought we played well for 75 mins. We just didn't have our shooting boots on. Otherwise we would have been 3 up quickly. It was not to be and we won 1 nil. Avoiding a slip up. Looking back I am so glad it was closer than should have been. I have been concerned about the Palace match being the time to drop couple points Resting players etc. I reckon after a little scare tonight and a good talking to, The players will come out now and destroy Palace. Watford are awful and will be a walk in the park. That will be 20 in a row a European record. To be fair after that I wouldn't give a crap if we lost a game to Liverpool etc not saying we will. The title is ours. If we keep winning come champions league he will rest players for those games if we are miles ahead. Hope he tales FA Cup seriously as well as we have such a lead now. This is the season to take advantage.

I thought we played well for 75 mins. We just didn't have our shooting boots on. Otherwise we would have been 3 up quickly. It was not to be and we won 1 nil. Avoiding a slip up. Looking back I am so glad it was closer than should have been. I have been concerned about the Palace match being the time to drop couple points Resting players etc. I reckon after a little scare tonight and a good talking to, The players will come out now and destroy Palace. Watford are awful and will be a walk in the park. That will be 20 in a row a European record. To be fair after that I wouldn't give a crap if we lost a game to Liverpool etc not saying we will. The title is ours. If we keep winning come champions league he will rest players for those games if we are miles ahead. Hope he tales FA Cup seriously as well as we have such a lead now. This is the season to take advantage.
Two more wins gives us the top 5 leagues record but we need 12 more for the overall European top flight consecutive wins record currently held by Benfica.

Domination. They were scared to death to take a chance cos any time a team opens up against us we tear them to shreds. Just difficult to open a team with 11 men within 30 yards of their goal, but floodgates or not we keep cracking it and bagging the wins. Next stop palace only worry is Mangala hopefully Stones is back

I know it's disingenuous to say they defended well given had Aguero his shooting boots on it would have been a cricket score but tbf to Newcastle, looking at the table now, a tonking could have put them down two places alone. Before Palace even played.

Still shithouses mind you, they were extreme in their sitting back.
Their display made Huddersfield's shòwing, against us, look positively PSG-esque

Last edited:
Beating Dippers at ClAnfield would be number 20 in a row. Then we can sing "20 times 20 times" to them. That's all i ask.

That was the least enjoyable game I’ve been to for a while. We got the win & have extended our lead at the top, which is the main thing. For Newcastle to be the home team and play like that shows the PL is not as good as some people say it is. They were absolutely shite and so negative.

Just got home. Odd night. Was like neither team wanted to be there at times. Atmosphere was flat too. Think everyone had a Christmas hangover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.