Newcastle post match thread

What in your opinion has he ever had to complain about as regards City.

Um, well, besides the injuries (he was injured at Hamburg too), his favorite position is midfield, as he stated more than once, but he accepted a role as a center half and stayed there. If I recall right we had a player who wanted to play centrally in MF quit rather than accept a different, less-favored role not too long ago.

Find it ironic that you say he has nothing to complain about while you whine and woman about him. You say no one's to blame for his injuries but previously blamed him for playing for Belgium and getting injured.

The club DOES owe him for his service -- is not just about money; that's why there are testimonials and goodbye parties when you retire from a regular job if you were valuable -- and so do we as fans. It's alright, you can sit stone-faced in your seat when he waves his final goodbye and refuse to cheer him.

Did anyone else think it was a foul on otamendi when that player made absolutely no effort to not flatten him out after he cleared the ball of the line?

Did anyone else think it was a foul on otamendi when that player made absolutely no effort to not flatten him out after he cleared the ball of the line?

Pretty clear foul, player totally cleared Nico out but all eyes on ball at that point. That was a wild sequence of events. Walker flailing looked in slow motion.

Um, well, besides the injuries (he was injured at Hamburg too), his favorite position is midfield, as he stated more than once, but he accepted a role as a center half and stayed there. If I recall right we had a player who wanted to play centrally in MF quit rather than accept a different, less-favored role not too long ago.

Find it ironic that you say he has nothing to complain about while you whine and woman about him. You say no one's to blame for his injuries but previously blamed him for playing for Belgium and getting injured.

The club DOES owe him for his service -- is not just about money; that's why there are testimonials and goodbye parties when you retire from a regular job if you were valuable -- and so do we as fans. It's alright, you can sit stone-faced in your seat when he waves his final goodbye and refuse to cheer him.
No, I will clap him off after his final game. As I would any City player.
What I won't be doing is nominating him for a sainthood. I just don't see that we owe Vinny anything especially. That's not whining and bitching, that's just refusing to jump on a bandwagon of someone else's making. Just don't get why we should nurse him through the rest of the season just so he can play for Belgium. Not our responsibility.

No, I will clap him off after his final game. As I would any City player.
What I won't be doing is nominating him for a sainthood. I just don't see that we owe Vinny anything especially. That's not whining and bitching, that's just refusing to jump on a bandwagon of someone else's making. Just don't get why we should nurse him through the rest of the season just so he can play for Belgium. Not our responsibility.

If he can play, and we need him to, we will let him and he will. If he can't or we don't need him, we won't play him. I agree that we shouldn't "nurse" him, but to say the club doesn't owe him for all he has meant is IMO wrong.

If he can play, and we need him to, we will let him and he will. If he can't or we don't need him, we won't play him. I agree that we shouldn't "nurse" him, but to say the club doesn't owe him for all he has meant is IMO wrong.
It's probably just me. I'm sorry, I can't put individual players on pedestals. I love them all, while they are wearing sky blue, to a point. In the end they are professionals who will look after their own interests first. If a better opportunity arises for them to further their career or financial package then they're off down the road sharpish. I respect that.
The player you mentioned in your previous post left less because of the position he wanted to play and more for the 10 million signing on fee that he reportedly got. Again, he has been slagged off to high heaven on this forum, and indeed booed for doing it. I, personally, don't have a problem with him doing what he did. He's a professional, he looks after his career and interests, I respect that, we move on. Similarly I would rather evaluate a players contributions by what they did on the pitch rather than some perceived notion of what a nice guy he was or wasn't. I respect players and have a certain affection for them after they leave. Just don't have a cloying emotional attachment to them.
We don't owe them anything, they don't owe us anything. As long as they give their all while they are here, I'm happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.